How do you create custom batteries?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by The Crow, Apr 25, 2009.

1. The Crow

The Crow Banned

I know where and to find ones to use, but I want to create my own personal batteries? I use Paintnet right now and I like it, but to create my own batteries does anyone know how to do it from scratch and if they have done it what they used?

Thanks, The Crow
  2. PG2

PG2 Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Are you looking to make one the same as the green battery with a different color, or your totally custom one thats like a paint can?

Please Register or Log in to view images

p)

You are going to have to make 17 different pictures of the different phases of your battery. To be consistent, I would start off with your low battery, and save, and build off of the same one. If you start over new on each 'phase' it is going to suck.

I personally have never made a custom battery, however I have changed the colors of the normal battery.

Hope I helped.
  3. The Crow

The Crow Banned

No I don't want to change the battery I have, but create my own personal one. Like if you go to Modmyi.com and see some of the batteries there like gauges, and they were created on someones own idea. That is what I want to do, but also how do you tell out of the 17 different ones which each has to be at what level?? I just don't like taking from others work, I would like to be creative and share with others too. After awhile it feels wrong taking from others and not being creative, so if anyone can point me in the right direction on the whole process that would be great. Also does anyone know where I can go to change the battery that shows at the top of the screen on the iPod touch?
  4. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Just download a custom battery and look at the screenshots.

Lowest phase of the battery is named BatteryBG_1.
    And full is BatteryBG_17.

If you make a custom battery, just put it in Nameofthetheme/Bundles/com.apple.springboard.
  5. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks Achy9, but how do you know what each level should be when you go to create them (all 17)? Is there a tutorial on this method at all, and do you suggest any other program other than what I use (Paintnet) that would be easy to create your own battery?

Thanks.
  6. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    You don't, there is really no specific level for it. You just make the full battery, and divide it into 17 even spots if you will.

Take this for example: http://www.sendspace.com/file/6dzrqm

BatteryBG_1.png has no lines at all, but 1 line is added for the next picture, and so on.
  7. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Thanks Achy9, that was very informative and I will try it out.
  8. DaAlmighty1

DaAlmighty1 Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Why do you make so many threads? Honestly, it's getting annoying. How about you look at a tutorial on the internet or PM someone or something.

/rant

But PLEASE, don't make a thread for every question you have.
  9. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    No problem. Glad I could help.
  10. The Crow

The Crow Banned

DAalmight1, what a name you must think a lot of yourself?? I can ask as many questions as I wish, and some members do not like to be PM all the time. I have many members like Nimrod and others I won't mention that have no problem helping me or other members. I know you have been here a while and just because your almighty you should not treat people like that, and if you don't like what you see don't read them. I know you have severed your time here, but give members a break (please). I know not to PM you with questions, but what about all the others on different posts all over this site? Anyway, if you don't have any answers to my questions just don't answer or write anything!

Cheers, The Crow