How do you convert HD videos to the iPhone 4?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cjori, Aug 6, 2010.

1. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Hello there,
    I have some HD videos on my computer (contained in MKV), and I want to find converter that keeps the great quality, I regularly use handbrake which is a great video converter for the iPod touch, but is not optimized for the new retina display, after some googling I found those presents
    http://lifehacker.com/5572037/handbrake-presets-for-your-new-ipad-or-iphone-4
    and after 5 or so hours of converting using the 720p present the video is not playable at all! I've tried playing it using iTunes, Quicktime, VLC, Classic Media Player, Windows Media Player and none of these worked, so I guess the file is corrupted.
    Does anybody here know a better way? Or a present for handbrake that actually works.
    Thanks a lot!

Please Register or Log in to view images

Whoops! Forgot to mention, I'm using Windows 7.
  2. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    erm yeah if your MKV's are anything like mine, you'll only get one on the iPhone if you maintain bitrate and quality
  3. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well, I've tried using the Apple TV present and setting height to 1280, and it works great.
  4. sanga282

sanga282 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    there's probably some retarded converter for it, but for an iPhone you definitely do not need the 5mbps+ bitrate that you get with HD files, trust me a lot lower will suffice
  5. cjori

cjori New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Storage is not a problem.