how do you check to see if your wireless router has mac address filtering?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by supergirl13, Jan 10, 2009.

1. supergirl13

supergirl13 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hi,I was wondering how do you check your wireless router to see if it's filtering your ipod touch mac address? I think this might be what the problem is with getting wifi on my ipod touch. Some people say to turn off your router's security but,if I do that hackers might get in. So,please how do you check the router for mac address filtering. if this what's going on with the wifi
    on my ipod touch,then I will report back. I will still report back if it's not.
    Thanks,Supergirl13
  2. kevin1st

kevin1st Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    type in ur ip address of teh computer w/ teh router connected to into the address bar on your internet program(firefox, IE) then it gets tough from here but thats the site u'll need tobe on solook around and hopfully u'll find it. ifanyone else here know a better method i would love to know
  3. NickPod

NickPod Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    The settings are probably in a different location for each router brand (I don't know, I've never used anything other than Linksys).

So in the Linksys Router Control Panel (which you access by visiting http://192.168.1.1), it's: The "Wireless" tab -> "Wireless MAC Filter" -> and you then have the option to Enable or Disable.