how do you change an artwork file?

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by alexttlyrocks, Feb 25, 2008.

1. alexttlyrocks

alexttlyrocks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    so Romeboards directions on how to change an artwork file was extremely confusing. could someone tell me how to change an artwork file? If you use a program to do it what program do u use?
  2. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Did you try searching? I think there was another Tut floating around that had some links in it.
  3. HotBrownies

HotBrownies New Member

ya man. try the search button, there is a very helpful thread. very well done.i'm pretty sure its evn stickied
  4. alexttlyrocks

alexttlyrocks New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    wow those posts totally helped........hint hint the sarcasm.
    I already searched
  5. masterwill22

masterwill22 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Can you be a little more specific? Do mean how do you change the artwork file so you can edit the images to your own liking or how to get the orginal or already modfied artwork files?
    http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=15409
    If you don't get this thread or if this was the thread you were confused about just pm me and ill try to help you in this thread. EDIT: This is probably the thread you were confused about. Ill try to help

Please Register or Log in to view images

I'm assuming you have windows, but if you don't, a mac tut is up too. Ok, if you have multiple accounts, it might slightly different than the directions in the tut. First download the Iphone shop rome gives you and on your desktop, make a folder called artwork. Put the downloaded iphoneshop inside this file.Then you make another folder inside the folder artwork called pngs.
    Now SSH into your ipod or use TotalCommand and then go to /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/
    and download the Other.artwork onto your computer.
    Place the other.artwork inside the artwork folder.
    First, go to my computer.
    Then double click My documents and settings.
    then you should see all of your accounts or one account (if you only have one account)
    Double click the folder with the account your using
    Then double click the folder called Desktop.
    Then double click on the artwork folder you made on your desktop
    Now if you see in the address bar, that's the path where you would right in your cmd.It would be something like C:\Documents and Settings\YOURACCOUNTNAME\Desktop\artwork(Keep reading)
    Go to start, click Run near the bottom right. Then type cmd and press enter.
    Then a black box will pop up.
    Type in cd C:\Documents and Settings\Youraccountname\Desktop\artwork
    inside the blackbox. Remember to check the address bar in my earlier steps to see what you type in.
    Now if you did it correctly, the new sentence that pops up should have the C:\Documents and Settings\YOURACCOUNTr\Desktop\artwork written.
    Then you type in java -jar iPhoneShop-0.6.jar ARTWORK Other.artwork export pngs
    and let an insane amount of sentences will pop up. Let it load and when it's done, don't exit.
    Go to your artwork folder and in the pngs folder you should see all the images (check rome's tut for the image table of contents)
    Then after you finished editing, go back to the black box and type
    java -jar iPhoneShop-0.6.jar ARTWORK Other.artwork import pngs
    and lots of sentences should pop up again. Let it finish and inside your pngs folder is the new Other.artwork file.
    USE THAT FILE to upload into your ipod touch in /System/Library/Frameworks/UIKit.framework/

If you have any questions pm or post it here (preferably both).
  6. shotgunfool

shotgunfool Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch