How do you buy an iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Abcmsaj, Jul 22, 2008.

1. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I live in the UK.
    I want a White 16GB iPhone.
    I don't want to take out a contract - I will use PAYG O2 or my current T-Mobile one.
    The only place you can get white ones from is Apple Stores - Not O2 or Carphone Warehouse stores.

How do you go about doing it without taking out a monthly contract?
    I've seen these people on eBay who are selling white ones... but without a contract. So how? :\
  2. lewyboi9493

lewyboi9493 Member

i think the ones on ebay are not activated.
    once you activate it your on contract or something.

(I THINK)

but apperantly iphone will be coming to PAYG.
    at which point ill be at the store with my wad of cash
  3. bjlock

bjlock Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (White)
    with money duh
  4. mikesgroove

mikesgroove New Member

if its coming on ebay from the states, it had to be activated. with at&t you can buy an iphone for 599/699 without a contract but it still has to be activated. the only difference is that you can cancel the contract at any time, at which point you have a very pricey ipod touch.

i think i read that o2 will have PAYG iPhones at xmas time.

the only way i think you can get an iphone in the uk right now without signing with a carrier is through ebay.

honestly, i don't really see the benefit of unlocking iPhones. most carrier's rates are pretty reasonable. i'm much happier with my monthly bill on at&t than verizon. uk rates seem to be fairly on par with the us. plus, doesn't o2 give you free access to their hotspots?
  5. Abcmsaj

Abcmsaj Retired Moderator

Device:
    iPhone 6 Plus
    I agree - But I already have a contract that I'm paying £40 a month for. with T-Mobile. And that ends in July 2009.

So I do need a PAYG with an extra Unlimited Data Plan... Probs for just a tenner a month... and then I can take Web n Walk off my T-Mobile contract bringing it down to like... £30 - £25... Which is my plan.

So I'll wait til Xmas for my White one ;D

O2: "We will have significantly more stock after 25th July - Including the 16GB models."

I hope by that they mean the "white ones." :\