How do you apply Speck screen cover?

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by eli2k, Feb 14, 2009.

1. eli2k

eli2k New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I picked up a Speck case, and I'm having trouble figuring out how the protector cover is supposed to go on. It is a sheet (or more than one) of plastic and stuff, and there's sticky tabs on each side, but I don't know how to actually put it on, as the picture instructions aren't helpful. Has anyone used the Speck case and know how to put the screen cover on?

Thanks,
    - Eli
  2. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

Clean off your screen, any little piece of dust that gets caught between the screen and the protector might cause an airbubble, if not you will have a piece of dust that you can see on white screens that is there untill you take off the protector.

One tab you need to pull off and opens up the adhesive side, which you stick on the screen. The other tab is just to protect the screen protector from getting scratched while shipping etc
  3. eli2k

eli2k New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Thanks, that makes sense. How do I know which side is the adhesive side, though? They both look the same, or does it not matter?
  4. TheConqueror

TheConqueror New Member

one tab might say or be a red color to indicate adhesive
  5. eli2k

eli2k New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I checked the tabs; they are both exactly the same. Maybe it's a static-cling type of screen, instead of an adhesive?
  6. buf68

buf68 New Member

The screen protectors I purchased, the tabs looked the same, then I looked closer. One had a 1 on it with a circle around it, the other had a 2. You could also partially peel of the corner on one side and compare it to the other for stickiness.
  7. eli2k

eli2k New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    No luck there, either; both stickers are the same, Speck with a (*) symbol. I'm just going to hope both sides are the same when I try it out.
  8. rinn

rinn Banned

elmer's glue
  9. Jordan

Jordan New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Its real hard to explain

Please Register or Log in to view images

. Sadly i ruined mine. But its one of the best screen protecotrs to get on w/o getting dust on it.
  10. touchmymonkey

touchmymonkey New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (White)
    Contact Speck first.
    This is a continuing gripe with me and all screen protectors...not really that clear....and the first tab has been at the top when I would prefer to begin application at the bottom...