How do you advertise?

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by wearmaize, Jun 19, 2009.

1. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Just wondering... you're a dev and you have apps out on the app store. What do you do to make them known?

I made an account at this website: http://kwigbo.com/wp/

It, incredibly, advertises your app for free. Nothing you need to do but submit a screenshot, icon, and short description and get it accepted. They apparently even have an iPhone app that just shows ads. I got an app on there yesterday, and as of today there have been almost 70 impressions (showings) and 2 clicks (people who went to the app in iTunes after seeing it and reading the description). I encourage all devs to check it out.

What other tips do you have?
  2. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I was wondering this as well. Thanks for the website, I'll check it out.
  3. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    No problem. Yesterday, which was my first full day with my app being advertised on that website, my sales increased over 200%. Who knows if this'll hold for the next few days and weeks, but pretty cool for day 1.
  4. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Very nice! I'm going to go set up our apps there when they're done being reviewed.

Have the sales kept up since your last update to this thread?
  5. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    kwigbo reviews the apps you submit in less than a day, which is really nice. You provide the info, and they look it over and then add the link so that if someone clicks on the icon you're taken to the page in iTunes.

Sales: Sales settled a bit after that initial jump of 200%. Still, though, I am getting about 100 views a day of each app (so 400 views total) and my sales are about 50% higher than they were initially. Not bad for a free service!
  6. bamhm182

bamhm182 Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Definitely sounds worth while. Its awesome that they're providing it for free.
  7. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    More updates: My sales spiked yesterday again to 200% what they were before kwigbo. I usually experience sale growth on the weekends, which makes plenty of sense, but seeing as I'm not doing any other form of advertising (except having link to my apps in my sig here) it's impressive. Sure, the ads that are displayed are selected randomly at every page refresh, but let me calculate it out:
    237 total apps (according to them)
    11 ad slots per page

So...

(My four ads) / (237 total ads) = 0.0168
    0.0168 x 11 ad slots = .1848

Yes, that's over an 18% chance that someone going to kwigbo will see my ads. Even better, adblockers don't seem to block the ads.