How do u stop downloading an app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by maximo7274, May 25, 2009.

1. maximo7274

maximo7274 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    OK, probably the most retarted thing ever, but I tried downloading this app, and somehow my ipod turned off (possibly low battery)

When I started up my ipod again, the app wouldnt download, but it still thought it was so it was still saying 'loading'

I didnt mind it until I tried downloading another app, because the other app wont download... So now I cant download any apps.

I tried restoring my ipod, and guess what, IT WAS STILL TRYING TO DOWNLOAD THE APP!!!!! I dont get why, and I was wondering if you can forcedly stop an app from downloading? Is there a way to like delete the app while it is trying to download?

This is REALLY anoying, so any help would be GREATLY appreciated

2. LiamP

LiamP New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you restored your iPod from a backup try restoring again and setting up as new iPod
    Hope this helps
  3. idk761

idk761 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If you click an app it usually pause, or begins downloading again, but I assume you tried that already.
  4. iMario

iMario Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Connect with iTunes. iTunes will download the app from the iTunes Store > App Store. You will get a popup ''App blablabla has been downloaded on your computer'', something like that.
  5. maximo7274

maximo7274 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I tried restoring as a new ipod, but it still happens.... I did figure out how to download other apps though, I just need to pause this one and other apps download. It is still really anoying, and I tried just letting it download but nothing happens.

Wierd right?

Thanks for the help though :)
  6. imJames

imJames New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    okay, i had the same problem. but this is what i did and it somehow fixed it.

okay, put the app on pause, then then download another free app, put it on pause. connect the ipod to your computer, let it sync and everything. if it asks you for your apple id and password, enter it and then the downloads should go into downloads list in the sidebar, pause and delete them, ten resync. if nothing pops up, then click 'Store' at the top of iTunes, and click "Check for Available Downloads" and enter your apple id and password. when youve done that, apps that you havent finished downloading should go into your downloads list. pause and delete them all, and then resync. after i did this, i looked at my ipod touch. and both the paused apps were gone.

hope this helps.
  7. kingcoolryan

kingcoolryan Member

Device:
    iPad w/ 3G
    @ImJames ahh why did u post this on a 6 month old thread?
  8. narwal13

narwal13 Active Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    why did you post on a 4 hour old thread? lol. just kidding. if you are still looking at this thread maximo, i doubt it, try dfu restore?
  9. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

It worked!!!

@imJames

THANK YOU! That absolutely bizarre tactic worked perfectly on my iPad running 4.2.1 (I say that just in case anyone else is looking for a solution and is worried that this relatively old suggestion will work on their new/updated device). That's INSANE you can't just cancel an app from downloading, in fact on Apple's own discussion board their official answer is to just let it finish downloading because "that's easier".. Grrr...
  10. Unregistered

Unregistered Guest

oooooh aint nobody gonna top this sh*t!!!

guys thats too complex that apple runs you through the hoops. But i've got an east way.

All you need to do is go into var/mobile/media/downloads and delete the random named .ipa file and delete the manifest.plist while the download is paused and all wireless communication is disabled and then reboot!(power down) its simple!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!