how do u brush metalize ur ipod?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by zeemz, Mar 7, 2008.

1. zeemz

zeemz New Member

i wanna take off the engraving on my touch and i herd that by brush metalizing it i cud so how do i brush metalize it like is there a kit or sumthin?
  2. avis

avis New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I dont think that would be the best idea. You would scratch the sh*t out of your touch and make it look like crap. I would end up looking like the apple logo.
  3. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You can do it with sandpaper, but you also need to do it with a metal sponge, if you don't know what that is, just search there is a Thread about this, I would recommend to buy a back case from ebay, and brush that one, and then put it on your iPod, and keep the Original one.

You never know when you might need to return your iPod if anything ever happens to it.
  4. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    I believe you can also do it with the rough side of a sponge, but it takes longer and you need more pressure.

... that's what she said (I'm going to go hang myself now)
  5. Spiritus55

Spiritus55 New Member

I just cringed a little when I read this thread..

If you must do it, you should start with a very coarse sandpaper (it starts at like 50, or that's what you should use..)

once you scratch the sh*t out of it, you'll want to gradually increase the grade, until you get to a very fine paper (hardly any sand, and the size of the sand granules are microscopic) when it's smooth, get some steel wool (available at any construction store. Ex: Lowe's, Home Depot, Wal-Mart, pretty much anywhere)

Then you may wanna get some oil (not sure what kind) and wipe that on there.. but, I wouldn't recommend it..
  6. iTouch532

iTouch532 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Yeah that's the way to do it, I tried to say that LOL