How do they do it? Please read.../help me out

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by mallachai, Feb 16, 2010.

1. mallachai

mallachai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Well first let me say I hope this is the right place for this post.
    And that when I ask this I would really like an answer... Not trying to sound greedy or selfish or anything but i've asked this before and all people told me was no you cant do it or dont expect to be a great hacker overnight or be as popular as the other guys.
    So now for the question; What did people like George Hotz (GeoHot), The Dev Team, The greenpois0n team, etc. learn so they know how to do what they do? Like at first I thought they had objective c mastered but then AFTER Geohot released blackra1n he tweeted "getting a crash course on objective c" so what is it that they did/learned? Computer Science? Programming? Can someone point me in the right direction here? I would like to know what they know so i can do a little of iphone hacking myself. Not for fame or to release a jailbreaking tool but so that I have that knowledge. I wouldnt mind creating my own jailbreaking tool.. but what im trying to say is Im not looking for fame. Just knowledge, thats all...
  2. Cl8rs

Cl8rs Active Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I really don't know, but I like your enthusiasm. Try emailing the iPhone dev team, chronic dev, geohot, etc. and see what they tell you.
  3. mallachai

mallachai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Thanks for the advice, Ive looked and looked for Geohots email and cannot seem to find it anywhere... Do you happen to know what it is or where i can find it?
  4. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    when you press donate with paypal itsays ur donating to geohot@gmail.com id try that
  5. mallachai

mallachai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Alrighty thanks guys, I'll give it a shot soon and ill tel you what he says if i even get a response... I know hes a busy fella.
  6. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    i wanna know too
  7. mallachai

mallachai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Okay guys, I just e-mailed him at geohot@gmail.com. I was very polite. I hope he answers

Please Register or Log in to view images

*fingers crossed*.