How do these mods work?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by 42395_skyline, Oct 13, 2010.

1. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    When you uninstall mods, how do the modded files restore?

I made an HDR Activator that removes the camera flash button also and I wanted to release it but the last thing I need is to make it so that when you uninstall it all the files go back to normal.

Currently you get an infinit boot loop when you uninstall my mod. I would know, I did it

Please Register or Log in to view images

haha It's an easy fix, but still.

Anyone care to explain how mods work that mod system files? How do I make the files come back?

2 files actually need to be deleted in my mod, How can I do that also, and bring them back?
  2. iBricked

iBricked Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Normally mods keep a backup of the file and hides it and replaces the file with the modded one, then when uninstalled the backup is restored back into the filesystem. Your program seems to remove the original alltogeter which causes a crash in the system leading to an infinite loop
  3. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    Do you know a tut or can tell me how to back it up and restore it?

And yea, I knew that it did that but last night I added in something that replaced the N81AP.plist and I forgot that I needed a backup... I was unhappy to uninstall... lolz But I dropped it back into the system and it all worked fine.
  4. iBricked

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    I don't make debs so I don't really know, I just backup files off the file system and inject or ssh in my own app file. Try google and iptf search?
  5. 42395_skyline

Device:
    iPhone 6
    I looked last night and couldn't find anything =/ I'm horrible at explaining what I want. I guess ill keep looking. But if anyone knows please tell me, I know a lot of you make .debs.
  6. iBricked

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Lol... you could try experimenting and asking the main devs of the famous apps?