How do I use touchpad Pro anywhere?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by leetgod99, May 25, 2008.

1. leetgod99

leetgod99 New Member

Yeah, I stupidly bought it and now I can't get it to connect anywhere but on the same wi-fi network as the comp I want to connect it to. The vnc client was open on my computer and I can access it no problem here, but say I go to my friends house and I login the same server, it won't connect. It is really only for connecting over the wi-fi that the server is broadcast on? if so, I want my money back.
  2. dpdpdp

dpdpdp New Member

yeah, ive used touch pad before, and like oyu have to install the vnc server on every computer you want to use it with, you also need to set up the wifi and etc.
  3. leetgod99

leetgod99 New Member

No I know that, I only want to access my computer. I'm saying that I can only access my computer from my compuers wi-fi network. I cannot access it by using any other network elsewhere.
  4. oakr8r2

oakr8r2 Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    same thing happened to me. i thought i would be able to connect to my comp from anywhere in the world

=(
  5. s-card

s-card New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    wtf... are you serious? i thought i could control my pc from the local cafe down the street!?!?
    if i cant do this...then this program is nothing to take a second glance at ...(even if i didnt pay for it

Please Register or Log in to view images

)
  6. Spartigus

Spartigus New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Umm, you if you read the instructions on the touchpad pro website, it will tell you exactly how to use it over the internet. Basically you need to sign up to a website to do something with your ip address, then you forward a port to your computer, then you connect to your computers public ip, not its ip on the network....
  7. xtrem

xtrem New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
  8. Necro

Necro New Member

Its not that easy to configure, but I got it and it works flawlessly.
  9. ipNinja

ipNinja New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Its down to port forwarding through you home router/firewall. The default port VNC uses is TCP5000 or TCP5600 i think..

Once you have successfully configured your router to forward those ports to your desired local pc(the pc you wish to control at home) you are in complete control

My Sky router has a tendency to turn its self of sometimes

which of course renews my external IP, if you have this problem too, register an account on a dynamic DNS site. then you can install a small app on your pc which will check if the external address has changes, if it has it will upload it to the dyndns site, so when you connect to the host name you setup with the account e.g. my.home-vnc.mine.nu it will know what IP it is on thus no connectio nissues.

hope this helps & sorry if parts do not mae sence lol i have just awoken
  10. leetgod99

leetgod99 New Member

wat?... Oh well i guess rejoyce! Now if only *******ula worked and i downloaded converterpro and ffmpeg id be one happy camper.