How do i upgrade from 3.0 to 3.1.3?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by MyVeryOwnIpod, Jul 27, 2010.

1. MyVeryOwnIpod

MyVeryOwnIpod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hello, I recently downgraded from 4.0 to 3.0 on my ipod touch 2g. (non-mc) But, i want to upgrade form 3.0 firmware to 3.1.3 on my ipod. When i follow the same steps i did for downgrading (dfu,alt +restore , select firmware) I get an error at "Verify restore with apple" . ( http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1275 ) . Can anyone help me out here?

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. pyromatic

pyromatic New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Apple stopped signing 3.1.3 so you can't restore to it unless you maybe had your SHSH blobs saves but I'm guessing you don't.
  3. SuperMario

SuperMario Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Try restoring to 3.1.2
  4. MyVeryOwnIpod

MyVeryOwnIpod New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    If i downgrade my iTunes from 9.0 to ..8.X or 7.X , then will i be able to restore to 3.1.X? Because , if i remember correctly, iTunes didn't verify restores before 9.0...

EDIT: Can't downgrade 3.1.2 either.
  5. Power Stroke

Power Stroke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i am also encountering this issue. the error says "This device is not eligible for the requested build."
  6. ItsAirWick

ItsAirWick Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    It means that apple stopped signing this. As in, you cant downgrade/update to 3.1.3 firmware and under. The only thing you can do is update.
  7. JakeMan

JakeMan Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Why downgrade to 3.0..? Anyways just restore to 4.0 and jailbreak using Saint iDevice's (comex's) JailbreakMe. Probably your only option at this point.
  8. Power Stroke

Power Stroke New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Cant restore to 4.0 because my home button is broken and I cant enter DFU mode. I tried all of the force DFU apps and it either does not find my ipod or it tells me how to hold down my home button. The only option I can see that will fix my issue is if there is a workaround for the 4.0 firmware like there was for the 3.1.2 where you can adjust a few files within the firmware to force it into dfu before restoring. Anyone seen a 4.0 software workaround like this? Im googling everyday with my fingers crossed...