HOW do i update???

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by Uchihaha, Nov 21, 2008.

1. Uchihaha

Uchihaha New Member

hi, i have recently installed the newer version of itunes, where i heard i am able to update my itouch to version 2.x. How ever, when i clicked upgrade, they state that i have to pay a fee of 12.90.. do i really need to pay to get version 2.x? When i tried restoring, they updated my ipod to 1.1.5.How do you guys get version 2.X
  2. batman27returns

batman27returns Banned

Yes you do have to pay. It is sorta stupid. You can obtain it though without paying but that is not to be discussed here.
  3. Meikura

Meikura Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Yes you need to pay for 2.X
  4. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    When Apple first released Firmware 2.0 back in July, it cost $9.99 to upgrade to. So because you haven't purchased this yet, you can't update to Firmware 2.2 without paying first.

You need to purchase the Firmware 2.0 update and then all 2.x updates are free. Example: 2.1 and 2.2.
  5. andydam123

andydam123 Member

Just pay for it. If you bought the iPod, then isn't $10 very little compared to the device itself? If you're gonna get 2.2 illegally, then you might as well rob a store and steal an iPod or iPhone, since it cost way more than $10 and you couldn't even pay $10.
  6. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    You have to buy the 2.x firmware, the others will be free (unless a 3.0 comes out, then it may be a different story X_X)

If you don't want to buy it look around, the internet has everything.
    I'm not giving any specific information out. Imma good boy.

Please Register or Log in to view images