iPhone 3G How do i unlock the iphone 3g thru computer?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by kalpa11, Dec 8, 2009.

1. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    So the the thing is that one of my friends had an iphone and his sim got locked so he gave it to his other friend and he lost the sim card since it was worthless to him he sold it to me for a $100 dollars. The thing is i use tmobile and i wanna unlock it to put my use my current sim card with it. But when i put my sim card in it still doesnt take me into the homescreen when i slide the slider it takes me to emergency dialer. So i was thinking is there a way to unlock my phone using my computer or an other way without an at&t sim card? Cuz without any sim card it just says No SIM card Installed: Insert a Valid SIM with no PIN Lock to Activate Iphone. And if there isnt a way how much would it cost to get an at&t sim card with no plan on it? I just want to try it the way that would cost me from least amount of money and i dont mind how complicated it is.
  2. Parker618

Parker618 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Go to blackra1n.com and download the file then run blackrain on your computer. When its done tap the icon that says blackra1n on your homescreen. install ultrasn0w. DONE!
  3. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    but the thing is dude i cant get into the homescreen when i slide the slider it takes me to emergency dialer cuz i have no at&t sim card
  4. canesfan

canesfan Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    cant u just take out the sim card and just enter the phone? i mean it worked for me when i had to do it for a friend
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    and nice sig kalpa11
  5. Supertouch

Supertouch Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
  6. kalpa11

kalpa11 Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    nope there is no sim in it i checked it just displays the message i talked about
    and thanks about the sig
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    okay i just went to the at&t store and me and my cousin started to talk to him hes 24 and im 14 so he's less talented at persuading and he gets persuaded in the end. He almost nearly bought a stupid plan the guy proposed. Anyway the guy was like no no no you cant get into the iphone with a sim card without a plan and im like not even the music app and he's like nope. And thats where i knew he was lying or was he telling the truth? what do you guys think? And after i said just give us the sim card for 25 bucks and hes like wait without the plan your phone is worthless i asked him like 10 timmes he almost gave it to us but he had to close the store. I later told my cousin that he was bsing us..
  7. Sparkyx

Sparkyx Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    Put it in DFU mode, Shift Restore to 3.1.2 in iTunes, and then jailbreak with Blackra1n. That is guaranteed to work.
  8. andybno2

andybno2 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    ultrasn0w only works with baseband upto 04.26 not the new one doesn't it?