How do I uncap volume?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Noogah, Jun 18, 2009.

1. Noogah

Noogah Active Member

I think that US iPod touches have a reasonable volume cap. But I would to find how I can increase/remove the limit. Some songs on my iPod touch play to softly for my taste.Or, headphones can have poor volume capacity. What do I change to edit the cap?
  2. Peopleintheskyy

Peopleintheskyy New Member

easy

Please Register or Log in to view images

1. in icy look up volume boost
    2. install the one for your firmware (2.2 for you)

you could use cydia also
  3. APV

APV Well-Known Member

Device:
    5G iPod touch
    Or just turn on soundcheck, and if the song is too low, the volume is raised.
  4. Peopleintheskyy

Peopleintheskyy New Member

^ true. be careful of volume and headsets you can hurt your hearing way to easy trust me I play drums, i cant hear anything above 14.7 kHz
  5. IceBerg

IceBerg New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    You only get one set of ears, head Peopleinthskyy's warrning.

I found instead of raising the volume getting a clear set of headphones works better. Oddly I fond the cheap skull candy headphones (which for some reason have more range than the medium priced ones) have a great amount of clarity. They are on par with my buddy's over priced Shure headphones. Nothing however compares to my Sony or Pioneer DJ over the ear headphones.

I actually have a design for a new type of OTE headphone that I've talked with some people in the industry about.

It's sad that the iphone and touch don't have a in-player EQ and the one it does have in the settings is limiting, as this is really the best way to correct the problem you are having. However if you have a JB device I think VLC does have one. An EQ is always a better option than just boosting the volume. My Cowon Q5w has a 7 or 10 band eq, I forget which but it's nice to have. I really wish my touch did.