how do i tell what firmware my ipod has on it?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by usofarsenal, Jun 11, 2009.

1. usofarsenal

usofarsenal New Member

alright, here's the story.

i tried to jailbreak my 2G 32gb touch and ran into problems once it had installed the firmware. Long story short when I first got it to jailbreak i was only getting purple, grey, and white screens. I got the springboard to load up a couple of times after screwing with it for hours. So, I tried to restore it using quickfreedom again. Once I installed the custom firmware the second time I haven't seen the springboard since. The computer will still recognize the iPod when I go through the steps to put it in dfu mode(even though all i get at this point is a white screen.) so, i used redsnow to put my ipod into dfu mode and then installed the official apple firmware(at least it went through the steps and information on my computer saying it had been restored to the official firmware.) since my ipod will not load up, and the only time itunes recognizes my ipod is when it's in restore mode...how do i tell what firmware is loaded on to the ipod. if it's the official firmware i plan on taking it into the apple store and playing dumb....any ideas?
  2. Coasterboi

Coasterboi New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    On your device, go to Settings -> General -> About -> then look where it says Version.
  3. usofarsenal

usofarsenal New Member

i'm not getting a springboard..or anything but a white screen for that matter.
  4. flyingguitar

flyingguitar Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    DFU restore.

Shift+click restore to stock firmware
  5. usofarsenal

usofarsenal New Member

this is starting to remind me of the IT crowd, "have you tried turning it off and on"...

i've tried shift+click restore...it's went through the restoration process several times on the computer, that's why i think it might have the real firmware, but i'm still not getting a real screen.
  6. Nburnes

Nburnes Well-Known Member

Device:
    OnePlus One
    Your shift-click restoring to the correct firmware for your device right?

ipod touch 1g= iPod1,1_2.2.1_5H11_Restore.ipsw

ipod touch 2g=iPod2,1_2.2.1_5H11a_Restore.ipsw
  7. usofarsenal

usofarsenal New Member

yeah, i've done that. i've downloaded the newest firmware and everything.

it seems that it's getting worse. when it tries to put the firmware onto the ipod it tries a few times then it says "waiting for ipod"