How do I sync an iPhone with a library that was established with a Touch?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by skaler, Aug 17, 2009.

1. skaler

skaler New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I started the current music library at least a year ago when all I had was an iPod.
    I then bought a Touch, and wirelessly, loaded a bunch of free apps onto it. I synced the Touch with the same library, and all of the Apps appeared in the iTunes program. I was able to drag and drop my music into the Touch
    Now, I bought a used, jailbroken, iPhone 3G. It has some apps on it that I don't recognize like Cydia, [PIRACY]us, Winterboard. They look interesting, and I don't want to lose them. At least, not yet.
    The trouble is, I would like to import into the iPhone a few apps that I had previously downloaded for free, but that now have a fee associated with them.
    When I try to just check the two apps, in iTunes, that I want to import into the iPhone, I get a popup that says "Are you sure you want to uninstall the 8 apps, including Word Warp?" It doesn't say what the other 7 are.
    Is there some way for me to install the desired apps into the iPhone and not lose the others? Word Warp is still free, so it would be no trouble to reinstall it wirelessly, but not knowing what the others are makes it kind of precarious, and I don't want to risk losing them. Thanks in advance for your help.
  2. PieOPah

PieOPah Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    The apps Cydia, [PIRACY]us, Winterboard are all 'jailbreak' apps so will not sync with iTunes or be deleted (quick word of advise - [PIRACY]us is not tolerated on this forum so I wouldn't mention it again!)

Assuming that the original owner of the iPhone gave you their account details then you should be able to get the apps back - if not then I don't know whether or not you will be able to keep them when you synch. IIRC when the message appears, there is a little + sign that you can click which will show you what everything else is. I may be wrong about that though...