How do I stop itunes from transfering purchases from my ipod to my computer?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by freelancer91, Sep 30, 2008.

1. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Whenever I buy an item from the appstore on my ipod, I don't want it transfered to my computer whenever I connect it. The short answer for why I want it this way is simply because my computer doesn't have enough room on the drive that itunes puts the applications on. Is there some patch to either itunes or to a jailbroken ipod touch that will disallow the transfer of purchases? If itunes prompts me to choose whether to transfer or not, it tells me that if I choose not to transfer, it will delete the items from my ipod. Is there any way to stop this?
  2. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    Your computer doesn't have enough space for several MB?
  3. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    The drive that itunes puts the apps on is the C drive. On a windows machine (yes I run windows, go ahead, laugh, get it out of you system) you need to have some free space on the C drive to allow for virtual memory. I have a C drive that contains 13GB (I have 27 on my D drive and 300 on my external H drive.) On my C drive, I have 1 GB of free space ATM. I plan to get a new computer (AKA, a Mac) whenever I get enough money from my job. When you add up all the apps that I download from the appstore, it starts to add up to a good portion of that 1GB of free space.
  4. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    So wait, where is your iTunes library?
  5. starboom98

starboom98 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey! Sorry for asking about something off topic. But how do you create a new thread? Im new here.

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    My itunes library is designated to be on my 300 GB H drive. However, there are some key files that are still stored on the C drive. This includes applications and firmwares. Tonight, I just found 2 firmware files hidden away on my C drive that were taking up around 400MB of free space. I increased my space on my C drive my 66% with the deletion of 2 files.
  7. Teslanaut

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When you download Apps from iTunes, They go to your iTunes music Library. Well, thats how it is on Mac OS X and I'd suspect the same for Windows. So shouldn't the Apps be going to your External Drive since thats where your iTunes Library is?
  8. starboom98

starboom98 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Hey! Sorry for asking about something off topic. But how do you create a new thread? Im new here.

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Tman47

Tman47 Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    yeah they go to your iTunes folder under mobile applications
  10. freelancer91

freelancer91 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It would make sense for them to go with the music and vids, but for some reason, whenever I transfer purchases, it places them on the C drive. Before itunes upgraded to itunes 8, I pleaded with apple to make sure that apps were stored with the music and vids on windows. My pleading went unanswered.