How do I SSH?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.x Jailbreak' started by tylerjw, Nov 7, 2007.

1. tylerjw

tylerjw New Member

I did the jailbreak thing in safari but now i can't find any instructions on how to SSH the ipod. I have WinSCP installed but I don't know how to use it and can't figure it out. Please help me.

--tyler
  2. tomsabin

tomsabin New Member

To SSH to your iPod you need terminal (or Putty for windows.. I think it's that but I'm not entirely sure because I don't use windows).

Then you need to type

Code:
    ssh -l root [b]your.ip.address[/b]
    The 'your.ip.address' can be found on your iPod under settings, wifi, the router your connected to e.g BTHOME, click the blue arrow and then its that IP address there.

For me its
    Code:
    ssh -l root 192.168.0.9
    When it asks for a password, its alpine

Then you're in your iPod via SSH. Execute what you need to do for example /Applications/SMBPrefs.app/SMBPref will load the SummerBoard application on your iPod touch's screen.
  3. tsinghua

tsinghua Member

Device:
    iPhone
    It deponds on which web site you used to jailbreak your iPod touch.
    If you have OpenSSH installed already, you need to start the SSH server. Otherwise, you need to install OpenSSH within installer.app and start the SSH server.
  4. tylerjw

tylerjw New Member

i used the real short address that you access through safari that's the first sticky. when i do that i get an error that says: 'ssh' is not recognized as an internal or external command, operable program or batch file.

what do i need to do?