How do I restore from 1.1.4 back to 1.1.1? i get errors

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.4 Jailbreak' started by webquacks, Jul 16, 2008.

1. webquacks

webquacks New Member

I'm done trying to jailbreak 1.1.4 way too frustrating, I'll wait for the perfect 2.0 break..... Now I get an error trying to go back to any older versions other than 1.1.4. Sad.....

help, thank you.

p.s yes I used the forum search tool
  2. sucram6791

sucram6791 New Member

download the 1.1.1 ipsw from the net then hold shift then click restore it should have a pop up then navigate to the 1.1.1 ipsw then double click that and it should work
  3. webquacks

webquacks New Member

not that easy...

something was obviously damaged, can only restore to 1.1.4 , looks like Apple is winning the battle... I can't believe they can get away with what I can install on my mini computer...
  4. Zackattk1993

Zackattk1993 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    This is what worked for me. Open iTunes, and have your iPod detected by itunes. Hold down the power and home button on your iPod until it shuts off, it will shut off in about 10 seconds without having to slide the icon. When the iPod disconnects from iTunes, release the power button but keep held down the home button. When the iPod reappears, you can now release the home button. Now, make sure you have 1.1.1 on your computer, hold down shift and click restore. Navigate to 1.1.1 firmware, and install.

This WILL work, follow the steps right.