How do I restore Cydia back to ONLY default sources?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by Noise..., Apr 1, 2009.

1. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    I installed the "all sources" pack from Cydia, only to end up with a ton of crappy repos that just slaughter my load times for Cydia.

How do I get rid of this crap? Uninstalling the "all sources" pack only got rid of the basic folder, not the sources themselves. If I delete a source manually, my Touch either crashes entirely (last night I couldn't get it to start back up after a force shutdown), or it will go ahead and uninstall, but will give me no less than 200 error messages.

How can I get rid of all of these garbage repos? Yeah, they're legit and all, but I don't need 35 different languages supported, and I'm happy with the Ultimate leopard, so I don't need to see 500 new themes every day.

Halp.

Please Register or Log in to view images

2. chavanak

chavanak Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Your best bet will be to uninstall all repo's manually. It is much safer than ssh and delete unwanted repo's (ppl have had problems with this before). Also I think you can use cyder (google it) to remove sources though I am not sure here!!!
  3. Noise...

Noise... Banned

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    That's the problem. When I try to manually uninstall each Repo, Cydia crashes, or I get tons of errors.
  4. tomwalker

tomwalker New Member

this happened to me 2. any help would be so awesome. i found a bunch of terminal stuff that resets cydia and cleans it and stuff but none of it worked... plz help
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok...i didnt figure out how to restore to default sources but i figured out how to remove sources that dont work..cuzz... i added "all sources" and it installed sources that didnt work and gave me error messages so i used SSH and went to- /private/etc/apt/sources.list.d- and looked at the sources in the error message and deleted them from the list. BUT some of the sources were not the same so it is really tricky . u gotta click on the source in the list and loock at it and stuff......its hard but it works...NO MORE ERROR MESSAGES...