How do I regain control without restore?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 2G Jailbreak: redsn0w, 24kpwn, etc.' started by livnew, Sep 1, 2009.

1. livnew

livnew New Member

Ok I have had my 3.0 ipod touch 2g jailbroken for some time now and it just ran out of battery but as the egg timer thing circles I reconnected because my PC USB was right next me, then it turned white (the screen), now every 30 seconds it changes from white to black. How do I get back control of my ipod with all my stuff intact, I have so much music on it it will take ages to restore and I don't want to have to jailbreak again because then i will have to download all the winterboard themes again etc. HELP!

EDIT: Ok, I found something out, when the white screen is on, I slide my finger across where I think the slide bar is and *tada* you can here the click as it unlocks, then when I press the power it turns to black (but still with back light on) you can here it lock itself, so how do I get my picture back, let the battery fully drain?
  2. LssThanThree

LssThanThree Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    That sounds like a hardware problem.
    Hhmmm...
  3. livnew

livnew New Member

just left it through my pc for a few mins and its back, phew!!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

YAYAYAYAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
  4. iBoss™

iBoss™ Banned

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Did you have OpenSSH installed?

You could be able to fish around your directories and remove the last thing you did.
    I dont think you can install OpenSSH from Cydia when your iPods whited out.

However, when you "unlock it", plug it into iTunes and see if it does a backup.
    Then, put it in DFU Mode and Restore it.
    Now, restore.