How do I put the 2.0 beta on my ipod touch w/ pwnage?

Discussion in 'Pwnage and Winpwn Discussions' started by xxjustinxx, May 13, 2008.

1. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

I have a copy of the 2.0 beta firmware and the pwnage tool but I don't know how to put it on my ipod touch w/ firmware 1.1.4 ..... please give some sort of tutorial if possible _ +rep if your way works
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    If you have anything after 5a240D it won't work. Anything before that if you have a pwnd 1.1.4 ipod you just make the 2.0 custom firmware and install with iTunes. Then figure out its useless and switch back in 20 mins.
  3. hakk79

hakk79 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    What jpga said was right, so this is a brief tutorial, assuming you have the right 2.0 firmware

hakk79 sighs

1) Pwn your iPod Touch

2)Use Pwnage tool. This includes browsing for the ispw, building the ispw, and all the steps in between etc.

3) When pwnage tool makes the "New" pwned 2.0 firmware shift restore to it.

Congrats...you are now on 2.0. I did this twice but you will see that in the end, it is not worth it...(It is very buggy)

I am not responsible for if this guide does not work (It worked for me though)

Also, Mods, I am just telling him how to do it...not any links. If you still deem it illegal though, feel free to delete it. I do not want a ban

xD
  4. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

um i followed those steps and when i went to restore to the custom firmware it looked like it was going to work (it was showing the custom with the spinning thing under it) and after a couple of minutes it went to the purple restore screen... should i keep repeating this process?
  5. xxjustinxx

xxjustinxx New Member

are you kidding me, why would you post that?!?( - rep ) for you thank you have a good day
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Those instructions weren't so great so hear is the deal. You need to pwn your ipod with 1.1.4 firmware first. When that is done browse ipsw and select the 2.0 ipod firmware, then use ipsw builder to build a Custom 2.0 version of the firmware and install that version with itunes.