how do i put my own custom carrier images via ssh..i could do before on customtouch?

Discussion in 'Customize 2.0 Discussions' started by swamanator, May 4, 2008.

1. swamanator

swamanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    which folder do i put the custom carrier images via ssh...

the two image files-- "name".png and "name"-1.png

those files...wehre do i put them?
  2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You need to upload them on the spicy chicken website or download another theme and put them in the carrier folder.
  3. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I can't really remember the exact method but I did it earlier today.
    Get to var/root/mobile/Library. Go into Customize2. Create a new folder and call it whatever you want. Then inside that folder create another called Carriers and then in that folder place the two pngs calling them "Carrier1" and "Carrier2". Open Customize, and click on Customize Images/sounds>Status Bar Images>Carrier. You created folder should be there select it then select your carrier images.
    I am not entirely sure if the images are called Carrier1 and Carrier2, but you can check via SSH by going into the Original Backup Folder>Carrier and checking the name.
    Hope it works out for you.
  4. swamanator

swamanator Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (White)
    naw man that didnt work...im on Ipod touch so no mobile directory...im ipot 1.1.4
  5. oO Wallace Oo

oO Wallace Oo New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    I am on iPod 1.1.3 and I am 100% sure that there is a mobile file is in both firmwares. Anyway I have noticed that you have created your own filesets as jpga13 suggested so I suppose you are set up anyway.
  6. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

I have ipod 1.1.4 and THERE IS a mobile folder, cant remember the exact laction but I think its in the var folder then library then mobile should be there.

other option is to replace the original carrier image files, but I advise that you back these files up before you replace these images.

anyway for the second option you need to two copies of the carrier image and they need to be named as follows:

Default_CARRIER_IPOD.png
    FSO_CARRIER_IPOD.png

go to /System/Library/CoreServices/SpringBoard.app/ an just copy the new images to there with the new file name