How do I put movies on my ipod touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pytyl, Dec 25, 2007.

1. pytyl

pytyl New Member

I just got my ipod touch today and I don't know much at all about it. All I know is how to put songs on it

Please Register or Log in to view images

Where do I go to download movies to put on my ipod, how do I put them on my ipod? Thanks.
  2. Wesche

Wesche New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Wow. What are you 10....... look at the top of itunes window, it will say movies... and choose the ones you want to sync
  3. pytyl

pytyl New Member

Thanks. Make fun of me because I don't spend hours of my life sitting in front of a computer to know obvious stuff, I just got an ipod.. I just downloaded itunes, how was I supposed to know?

Are there any other places other then the itunes store that I can download movies from?
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

Dude, wtf? It says Movies right there. No need to insult someone else for pointing out the obvious. And yes, you can rip movies from dvd with handbrake (google it) or find some on ******* sites (google it.)
  5. jmiz9000

jmiz9000 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    i know right really look next time and some ppl use limewire
  6. pytyl

pytyl New Member

I don't even know how to use itunes :$
  7. Evalocity7

Evalocity7 New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Well everything's pretty self-explanatory, but you can download u******* (google it) then go to isohunt.com and search for movies on there (make sure it's iPod format or you'll have to convert it after, I recommend Videora if you do have to convert), then just open it from u******* then drop the file you get into the Movies section of iTunes, then sync and you should have it on your iPod.
  8. Scorpio

Scorpio Guest

You can go to youtube and limewire, and here is the detailed guide on how to download them to ipod:
    http://forums.afterdawn.com/thread_view.cfm/567713
    And the video downloaded from internet always can't be recognised by ipod(only supports mp4), you must convert them first, I always use Aimersoft iPod Converter Suite to convert video to mp4, and then transfer the video to my iPod through iTunes, my friends recommend this software to me, it works really nice, you may download it for a try
    http://www.aimersoft.com/ipod-converter-suite.html
    After you finished the conversion, just open iTunes and click "File" to add your videos to iTunes library.
    plug in your iPod to computer, then iTunes will detect your iPod as a device.
    Select your iPod device on the left panel of iTunes, click "Movies" tab, check the videos you want to sync and click "Apply", done.
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    If you want some LEGAL movies (although older), go to http://www.archive.org/ - they're all public domain movies, some rather good like His Girl Friday and My Man Godfrey and the Why We Fight series from WWII...