How do I port a .c file to an app

Discussion in 'iOS Development' started by Asuraku, Mar 23, 2009.

1. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Here's the deal. I have an open source rar/zip/7z bruteforcer that consists of a .c file and a header file that links to about 10 other header files. It uses some standard headers as well as libxml2 and posix headers. I know C well enough to read and understand a file, but I'm afraid I'm terrible at everything else. I haven't quite gotten the the binary to to run on my iPod when compiled. It gives me a whole bunch of errors that seem to be misplaced parenthesis and stuff like that. It run fine on my mac when I make it on that however. I think I'm missing the pthread.h header that it requires on my iPod. I need some help locating stuff to get that to work.

This is where I'm at right now. What I want to know if how to get the binary to build and work right on my iPod, then from there maybe use the iPhone SDK to build a gui for it, if posible. I have full mac SDK and the 2.1 iphone SDK (I should probably download 2.2.1?). If I were still on 1.1.2, I wouldn't have a problem doing any of this, but apple has really got me all confused with the new SDK's and legit apps. I also want to know whether I can use the SDK to make unoffical apps for Cydia, for example.

I'm really lost. So please direct me to where I ned to be and ask all the questions you can, because I'm just as confused as you will be after reading this.
  2. NolesFans

NolesFans New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
  3. K9rosie

K9rosie New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    Use SSH.
  4. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I'm afraid this doens't help me. I have no idea how to even obtain the Touchxml or even install it. Libxml2 work fine and I have all the headers I need in the 2.0 toolchain except for the pthread.h which I can't seem to locate. I have it on my computer, but I don't know where it goes on my iPod.

What does secure shell have anything to do with compiling and creating a GUI for a open source program? I'm trying to take xxx.c & xxx.h and make it into xxx.app. And I can't seem to build a working binary. You sir are being irrelevant and nonsensical.
  5. fyvel

fyvel Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    that wont make it run....
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    he means just use an ftp cleint to drag and drop a file into the ipod...
  6. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

Just so you know, there is no magical "thing" that you can run C source code through to port it to the iPhone.

Just read the compiler's output of errors and fix them until it works, then add the GUI yourself.
  7. Asuraku

Asuraku Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I understand this. But The errors don't exist on my computer, they only show up on the ipod. And fixing them is beyond me because I don't know the language as well as I should. And to sum it al up I don't know how to go about making a GUI or building a application around the binary.
  8. Cyanidepoison

Cyanidepoison Active Member

What are you asking us then?

You should try learning C first.