How do i play music in my car with ipod touch??

Discussion in 'Accessories' started by shafsta, Nov 27, 2008.

1. shafsta

shafsta New Member

I have a monster cable that i used in my car with my old ipod but my new ipod touch will not play on it. What do i need to get to make it play through my car speakers????
  2. chivasgarcia

chivasgarcia New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    I don't think they're compatible with the new iPod Touches. But, i'd say you go for a new one. Does it at least play though? I know for sure they won't charge.
  3. shafsta

shafsta New Member

no. it doesnt charge or play music through my car stereo, it just keeps on playing through the ipod speaker only. Do you know the name and brand of what i need to get?
  4. Storm Surge

Storm Surge New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    Get an FM transmitter or if your vehicle has a cassette tape player you are in luck, you can get a casette adapter for your iPod which allows you to listen to your music in high quality. As opposed to if you opted for an FM transmitter, which work some of the time but most of the time it has poor sound quality.
  5. eraserhead

eraserhead New Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    DLO makes a good FM transmitter, the sound quality is great. I've had mine for a year with no problems.

If you are going to get an FM transmitter, plan on dropping $100 on a good quality one, otherwise you are going to be listening to static.
  6. pogoyoyo

pogoyoyo Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    i paid 10$ for my fm transmitter and it works perfect... not the exact quality as if i were to plug my ipod through my auxilary plug, but its close.
  7. SjPedro

SjPedro Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    or if your radio has RCA audio jacks just get a rca cable with standard hearphone jack (costs about 7$) just adjust put the cable in the right position inside the car...adjust it in position..get an ipod car mount (about 18$ just so you can choose your songs and stuff) and there you have it.
    Adjust the volume of your ipod to more or less 80% and then adjust the volume as you please on your radio..that's what I did because my car is so old it doesnt have a cigar lighter

Please Register or Log in to view images

This way the sound quality is guaranteed because a good RCA cable costs as much as a lousy fm transmitter

8. Vanished

Vanished New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    Exactly right. The cheapest and easiest way of doing this is buying a cable like this (RCA to phono)

and you'll plug it into the AUX output on your CD player. If it doesn't have RCA, then your hooped. FM transmitters absolutely suck, I hate them. Nuff said.
  9. benia

benia New Member

Hey guys....

I'm new to the site/forum and just wanted to get some help on my new beloved iPod touch and I promise to write up if ever have any answers to anyones questions...
    I have blue tooth headset and transmitter issues and questions... How can I stop speakers working on Touch 2G in order to have my blue tooth transmitter to work? I have a blue tooth (wireless) S9 Motorola headset (the red one) and the BT transmitter (the white little transmitter with small blue blinking LED) that came with it and I've been using this setup for a while on my 4th G ipod and I love the thing but now when I connect the transmitter to this new Touch, it looks like the ipod doesn't recognize the transmitter or at least the sound doesn't work (through the headset) but the speakers keep working and I want to stop the speakers working so perhaps the transmitter can kick in then...

Otherwise, does anyone have any idea how I can use my BT head set and or any way I can listen to my tunes without having the damn wires hanging all over...? is there any kind of remote headphone system or blue-tooth headset system out there that i can use with my iTouch 2G that doesn't cost same as the touch itself..?

Thanks youall.
  10. iBjorn

iBjorn Member

One of the reasons I bought a Toyota Prius Hybrid:
    It allows me to control my iPod from the steering wheel or from the 7 inch touch built-in display. The unit from Toyota costs 250 Euro and it also charges my iPod.
    I guess that more car manufacturers will build in an iPod-interface in the future.