How Do I Move an Icon to a Different Page - IPOD TOUCH 2.0 NOT jb

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by elayne, Aug 5, 2008.

1. elayne

elayne New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    I've just searched around here but can't find an answer. I know how to move icons around on a page although I'm still not sure exactly how it works. It's almost like playing Puzzle 15!

For example how do I move an icon from the first page to the third page? And if the third page is full which icon does it displace? I can sometimes get it to move from page 1 to page 2 by moving it close but it's hit and miss.

Very frustrating.

Is there a manual authorized or not for 2.0?

Thanks
  2. Tyr0

Tyr0 New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    ummm... hold your finger down on one of the icons, then it will start to "wiggle" and then drag the icon you want to move to the page you want to go to.
  3. MrCookie615

MrCookie615 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Hold your finger on the icon you want to move until they start to wiggle and drag the icon to the left or right side of the screen and it will go on to the next page and simply let go of the icon when you find the place you want to put it, after you're all done, just click the home button to stop the wiggling.
  4. elayne

elayne New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Thanks. I sort of knew that but I was hoping that there was an easier way to change pages.

Here's another two questions along the same topic:

1. What do the X's mean on only some of the icons?

2. When an application is updated it seems to be moved to the very last page. Is there a way to lock an icon into a specific position?

Thanks again for all your support.
  5. TmacHot

TmacHot Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    1, the x mean that u can delete the apps/bookmarks that you donwloaded from the appstore
    2.nope when an app is updating the app goes in the first page with all the mother applications (clock safari notes....)
  6. thechungster

thechungster Super Moderator Emeritus

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    1) the x button means the delete button, but dont worry, if u press it by accident it askes u are you sure you want to delete it
    2) no, it will go to the first available blank space that is not covered by an app
  7. DotSlashSlash

DotSlashSlash Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (White)
    1. if you press the X's you can delete the app

2. no there isnt and i know its really annoying that it moves it but if you update on the computer it doesnt.

EDIT aha lol 2 people beat me to it
  8. IStoleChristmas

IStoleChristmas New Member

the x's mean if you want to delete it..

i dont think there is a way to lock them, it's kinda annoying when they're updating they move to my first page, then i gotta move em back..
  9. Dave C

Dave C New Member

1 - X's mean you can delete those apps. There will be no X for example on the Music, Video, Itunes, icons etc, that are part of the software.
    You can also delete web pages you've saved on your pages...

2 - I'm not sure if 2.0.1 updated that very issue, but that's a common complaint that when updating, it moves it to the very last page, and nothing can be done about it (unless 2.0.1 fixed that)
  10. hotrock

hotrock New Member

can i ask how to i delete the icon at the main screen ?pls help