How Do I Make Icon Backrounds Transparrent

Discussion in 'iOS Themes and Customization' started by Khaos, Feb 7, 2008.

1. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    here i have this icon and i want to make the backround transparrent so all you see it the icon. PLZ HELP I do have Photoshop CS3 if that helps
  2. Axis

Axis Super Moderator Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (White)
    I am a GIMP user and am not a master with Photoshop. However look for a setting that says "color to alpha" or something. Alpha means tranparency. If want a white background to become transparent, change the white in the icon to alpha. That is the way I do it, and with some images it gives off an eery translucency, which I like.

Most of these things can be found by simply messing around in Photoshop, where you will most likely discover many other things in the process.
  3. Khaos

Khaos Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    to you know where this would be located?
  4. Jak33

Jak33 New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    yeah try this. use the backgrround eraser tool (eraser tool>select pulldown on it> br eraser) and set it to like 75%, if you want like translucent, or keep it at 100% if you want it completely trasnparent. i love this tool, very useful.
  5. sn1p3r

sn1p3r New Member

Just cut out the background area from around the icon using the magic wand tool or polygon lasoo tool. Then choose File>Save for Web and save the image as a transparent PNG and that should do it.