How do I know I've gotten an iPod Touch 2.1.1 into DFU mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X Jailbreak' started by marik1234, Oct 21, 2008.

1. marik1234

marik1234 New Member

What kind of screen should I see? My iPod Touch goes to the screen where it shows the USB cable and the iTunes picture EVERYTIME I try to go into DFU Mode, and believe me I've played around with it a lot. I've experimented on a ton of programs. iBrickr for example, when it tries to do its thing on it it's on that iTunes screen again and iBrickr never does anything to my ipod touch, it just stays in the recovery mode and I have to restore it through itunes to get it to work again.

And when I did try to get it into DFU and restore via itunes for the other way to jailbreak it, it shows the same screen. iTunes tells me it's detected an iPod in recovery mode and I can restore it only on itunes 8.0. I tried to restore it to firmware 1.1.4 on iTunes 7.5 with it in recovery mode and holding shift and then pressing restore and selecting the 1.1.4 FW but it always gives me an error.

ZiPhone never works with my iTouch either, it never does anything. I've tried selecting a ton of options with it but it's like it doesn't even know my iPod is connected and can't even see it, nothing ever works through it on my ipod.

And as for QuickPWN the 2.1 version doesn't even work for me, I browse to and select the right 2.1 FW but it never lights up the green arrow to go ahead. Morpehy's QuickPWN works but it does the same problem above with the recovery mode thing, it just stays on jailbreaking ipod and tells me the instructions and I follow them and still get the iTunes screen with the USB cable, then it just stays on the "preparing ipod for jailbreak...", I tried leaving it there last night and nothing...

I don't think my ipod touch will ever be jailbroken, just **** it I guess, I don't know how many times I've had to restore. But at least this site gave me the next best thing though in creating an itunes account for free so atleast I can have the free apps.
  2. Bubalooshi

Bubalooshi Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    If you say you have 2.1.1, you have the 2G, I assume.

So, I will leave you with this answer:

1.1.4 does not work with the 2G.
    Same goes for ANY type of pwning/jailbreaking.
  3. marik1234

marik1234 New Member

Oh ok thanks a lot man. Wow if only I had known that before, guess it never hurts to ask cause of this.

Thanks a lot, atleast I know now that I didn't waste my time for nothing or did something wrong, this just wasn't meant to be done on my ipod touch.

Yea I think it is 2G btw, makes a lot of sense, thanks a lot.

I guess I'll just wait for a jailbreak to come out for this if it ever does. Hey atleast I found out how to create a free acount from ipodtouchfans.
  4. andybno1

andybno1 Banned

ziphone only works with and upto firmware 1.1.5 2.x does not work with the likes of ziphone and iliberty+ anymore