How do I know if my itouch is jailbroken?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by qwerty53, May 19, 2008.

1. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

Hi,
    how do I know if my itouch was successfully and FULLY jailbroken? And I mean for a fact.
    Because for example iphonebrowser says it's not and won't access my downloads directory (it shows it empty).
    The reason for my question is because I have problems installing some things (for example the downloader upgrade...) and mainly because I used ZiPhoneWin-3.0 (I have 1.1.4) and the guide told be to turn it off in the middle of the jailbreaking to avoid some error and I tyed but I don't think I needed this because I didn't have errores, then I tryed to restart again...
    So what is the way to CONFIRM that it's FULLY jalbroken?
  2. Nt1440

Nt1440 New Member

if you see installer on the screen, your jailbroken

if your having trouble use iliberty+ its much simpler
  3. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    If you've used the ZiPhone method to jailbreak Firmware 1.1.4, you should see the 'Installer' application or 'Zibri's Weblog' application icons on your SpringBoard (Home screen). If you've used iLiberty+ to jailbreak, you should have the Cydia packager on the SpringBoard if you checked off that option.

I think that you turning off your iPod touch in the middle of the jailbreak process definitely caused the jailbreak to not be complete. Restore, and jailbreak again, but do not turn it off in the middle of the jailbreak process! Let the process run it's course!
  4. qwerty53

qwerty53 New Member

yes I used ZiPhone and I had everyhting (both icons) but the thing is i don't think the ipod reacted to my clicks. But...
    So you say if I have the icons (installer and the zip) I am good?
  5. justinede

justinede Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    this is seriously one of the MOST pointless threads I have ever seen! lol......
  6. Joe Rossignol

Joe Rossignol Community Manager Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What do you mean by 'I don't think the iPod reacted to my clicks'?

Yes, you're 'good' if you have both of those icons, and your iPod touch should be fully jailbroken. Go into the Installer application, select 'Install' in the bottom tab, and then try to install an application.

Remember that you must have a Wi-Fi connection to install applications using Installer.