How do I jailbreak if the ipod was 1.1.3 right out of the box?

Discussion in 'iPod touch 1.1.3 Jailbreak' started by jacobwaldo2, Feb 5, 2008.

1. jacobwaldo2

jacobwaldo2 New Member

So I bought an ipod touch and it was 1.1.3 and it came with the iphone apps on it. So I couldnt find how to do this so please dont yell at me and tell me to search. Please just tell me how to do this or send me the link of where to go.
  2. Danls92

Danls92 Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    First you're going to need to downgrade. I'd recommend this method, as it seems to be the easiest: http://rupertgee.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/worlds-easiest-113-to-111-downgrade/

Then you need to jailbreak 1.1.1 by going to www.jailbreakme.com and clicking the Install AppSnapp button (or using any other method you want).

Then if you want to use the Dev Team method, you need to upgrade to jailbroken 1.1.2. You can get there by following this guide: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=8678

Then use one of the 1.1.3 jailbreak methods. I'd recommend the official Dev Team release, availible from Installer. You can read the instructions here: http://www.ifans.com/forums/showthread.php?t=32332
  3. WOODMO

WOODMO New Member

Is it worth Jailbreaking a brand new one with the IPhone apps?

I am getting mine tomorrow and don't know if I should. What kinda apps can I get if I do?
  4. pjbarnoy

pjbarnoy New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    When you downgrade to 1.1.1 you lose the new apps that come with the iPoT (Mail, Weather, etc.), but when you upgrade back to the Jailbroken 1.1.3, you get the apps back (at least, in my experience, using the official Dev Team method).

If the apps aren't there when you Jailbreak 1.1.3, you can always get them back for free from the Installer.
  5. fmskunk

fmskunk New Member

Hey guys I got a question.

I tried to restore on my 1.1.3. that the apple store gave me after my ipot could not restore on my computer and it just keeps happening. I plug my 1.1.3. ipod touch into the computer then I try to restore with 1.1.1. or 1.1.2. and I get the cannot restore error. Its really frustrating. I tired different usbs, different user names, etc.

I held down the sleep and home buttons and it went into restore, but my ipod keeps getting this restore error. I wanna know if this method you guys mention will actually work, or will I just have an ipod stuck in recovery mode and wont restore

Please help, Ive been to the apple store twice and I just want to get this 1.1.3. ipod on 1.1.1. They are getting suspicious lol

thanks a bunch guys, don't know what I would do without this forum!!

DO NOT LET THIS THREAD DIE!
  6. kanadian kevin

kanadian kevin New Member

I'm getting the feeling (though I asked the same question in another thread and got no replies) that it might not be worth jailbreaking YET. I'm personally going to wait for the actual 1.1.3 JB from the dev team, which apparently is being held back until after the SDK is released. But since nobody's really said one way or the other I can't say if that's the most prudent thing to do. But it's my plan anyway.
  7. Max

Max New Member

Device:
    iPhone
    try this:
    plug in iPod and wait for it to show up in iTunes
    glue your eyes to the iPod icon in iTunes
    hold down topbutton and homebutton.
    Immediately release topbutton when icon
    dissappear, keep holding the homebutton
    until the icon reappear, release as soon as it
    appear thou. Your iPod screen should turn black.
    now restore to 1.1.1
    dont forget to uninstall iTunes 7.6
    Plus the mobilesupport file in private frameworks
    in your harddrive library.
    reinstall iTunes 7.5!

Please Register or Log in to view images

8. fmskunk

fmskunk New Member

Thanks a lot guys, just restored to a fresh 1.1.1. I was doing a similar process, but it didn't work for me before. I think it's cause I used itunes 7.6 instead of .5.
  9. djroebuck

djroebuck New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    You asked an apple employee to help you jailbreak it? WTF?!
  10. jacobwaldo2

jacobwaldo2 New Member

So when i Jailbreak it will I still have the official apps that it came with (mail, weather, etc.) and be able to do that wiggly icon thing and make web shortcuts?