How do I install the driver for my ipod touch in recovery mode using vista

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by vistadude, Jan 30, 2009.

1. vistadude

vistadude New Member

ok, my ipod touch is looked in recovery mode, in attempts to fix an error i had before, i uninstalled the driver, but because I uninstalled it and my device is locked in recovery mode, it dose not detect the device and i am unable to reinstall the driver. Now i no that the driver for the ipod touch is the usbaapl.sys file, and i no were it is located, but I can no manage to install it for my ipod, please help. How would I install this driver? at the moment because i do not have the driver installed. When i go into device manager and i look for my ipod it shows up in other devices, and not usb, and in the other devices section it has 2 things, and they both say "Apple Mobile Device (recovery mode)"

any ideas as to how to have this detected as an ipod, because just plugging it in and out and hoping windows will install the driver automatically sure ain't working.
  2. palashrox

palashrox New Member

ya i also hav the smae probs man
    !
  3. got_milk?

got_milk? New Member

If the Apple Mobile driver is in Other Devices then I would assume that there is an issue with the driver.

What driver did you uninstall? Since the Apple Mobile Recovery driver is still available it seems like you may have removed the wrong one.

Do the devices have an exclamation mark beside them? (To the left of the name there will be a yellow question mark. An exclamation mark may appear on that icon.) If there is, skip to part B.

Ensure your iTunes is up-to-date. iTunes provides the drivers necessary to access the iPod.

a) If you unplug the iPod and refresh/re-open Device Manager, do those devices disappear? If they do, plug the iPod back in, and remove the devices. Remove the iPod, wait 5 seconds, and plug back in. The device drivers should reinstall.

b) If the devices remain even after removing the iPod, with the iPod removed, remove the devices and reinsert the iPod. The device drivers should reinstall.
  4. zeroshadow96

zeroshadow96 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I HAVE THIS SAME PROBLEM, i have uninstalled and reinstalled itunes 9, tried to manually install the drivers because windows xp isnt automatically installing my ipod touch when it is in recovery mode, so i use the files is C:\Program Files\Common Files\Apple\MobileDeviceSupport(Ithink)\drivers, yet no luck, TWO of these devices show up in device manager, the first one installs without a problem using those drivers in the directory, but the second one ends up with code 10, the device cannot start, i really need to re-jailbreak my ipod touch at firmware 3.0, cydia will not work, so, WTH IS WRONG, JUST LAST MONTH THIS WAS WORKING FINE FOR ME!