How do I install 2 versions of the same app?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipeech, Jan 7, 2010.

1. ipeech

ipeech New Member

Hey everyone

I would like to know how I install 2 instances of the same app onto my ipod touch and have the ipod recognise it as two different apps so that I can either use one or the other.

The reason why I want to do this is because when I backed up my Tap Tap Revenge 3 previously after downloading lots of songs, I had to delete the app from my iPod and reinstall it. So I SSHed the song files back becuase it's much faster. (Tapulous removed the batch download!!!)

Now, I have problems downloading the new tracks released on Tap Tap Thursday. I keep getting a "Download Failed" message. I'm guessing it's because I disturbed the system by transferring my older tracks and themes back in.

So what I would like to do is keep an unmodified version of Tap Tap 3 on my iPod and use it for downloading and buying new tracks, while keeping another version that has my older downloaded songs in. How can I modify the old one such that it appears to be another app, so that I can download a new version of the free TTR3 from the appstore?

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thank you very much. I've searched and found nothing like what I would like to do.

2. jmwerkus

jmwerkus Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    change the info.plist is my guess.
  3. ipeech

ipeech New Member

I tried changing some stuff in there but the app refused to open after that.

What field do I need to change?

4. xxhorseriderxxx

xxhorseriderxxx Banned

Device:
    iPod touch
    as a general rule of thumb, any modifications of App store apps make App store app "corrupted"; there's a good chance that an if an App Store app is modified it won't open anymore. This is probably because the app's signature has been invalidated. This can be worked around by takin' the .app folder and putting it in the /Applications folder with the rest of the other "official stock applications" go (and Cydia apps).