How do i get sound without headphones or docking station

Discussion in 'iPod touch Firmware 2.X' started by 12padams, Dec 14, 2008.

1. 12padams

12padams New Member

I have a 32 gig second gen ipod touch with 2.2 firmware on it (upgraded from 1.1.5)

I am so sick of sticking headphones in my ear all the time is there a way of making sound come out with out headphones???

It has only some small sounds without headphones e.g. when you unlock your ipod that clicking sound.

How can i watch movies or use applications with sound without earphones or docking station.

I have gone to settings/ general/ sounds/ sound effects/ and selected both but that does not work. (I have a feeling that is for effects not movies and apps)

So can anyone help me the mac central stores advice sucked... "turn the sound up" I have... it only works with headphones in though.

WHAT DO i DO TO GET SOUND WITHOUT HEADPHONES.
  2. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    sorry but NO way to do that on a 1st gen ipod. You mentioned you have a 2nd gen but a 2nd gen doesn't have clicksounds and a firmware 1.1.5.

The 1st gen only has a piezo-speaker which can't do more than clicks and beeps
  3. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hum a tune? lol
  4. Jarlath

Jarlath Retired Moderator

Try portable speakers.
  5. iGadget

iGadget New Member

is it just me, or does this thread seem a little weird?

the SECOND gen iPod touch is the one WITH the internal speaker, I listen to music all night on my 32 gig 2nd gen.

Seems you're all talking about something else.
  6. 12padams

12padams New Member

But i have got an ipod touch second gen it has a curved back.
    Is there anyway to check because when i bought it at the shop 1 week ago they said they ran out of first gens...

And they gave me a second gen which i asked for...

Is there anyway to check if its a second gen because the shop has scammed me if its a first gen.
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    ok after some reaserach i think i have got an ipod touch 1st gen.
    Lol all along i was watching videos on youtube on jailbreaking 1st gen and me wanting to do that and i had it all along and i was waiting for a 2nd gen jailbreak... but now its no use anyway i am returning my ipod touch tommorrow and getting a second gen If they don't swap i am taking this to the news and also they owe me $13 for the update i bought on it...

I am so angrey this is not he first problem i have had...

When i first went to buy it i said 32 gig 2nd gen they give me a 8 gig and i payed for 32 gig... i noticed when i walked out the store and they quickly swapped it...

Now my second problem they give me a 1st gen... horrible people

I will never ever shop at dick smith again. We have got to spread this message around the world dick smith sucks!!!!

Anyway i will tell you on this forum within 24 hours if they gave me a refund!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    wait when i get my 2nd gen... If i get it...

Will the $13 update to 2.2 be able to go on my second gen without paying again?
  7. kingkai

kingkai New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    one word...... g to the double o g l e
  8. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    yes it'll be possible because everything you bought stays linked with your itunes account so it is free but the 2G already comes with 2.x firmware so you payed 13$ for nothing..

Please Register or Log in to view images

9. Dagnabitsc

Dagnabitsc New Member

iPod Touch 32gb 2G Internal Speaker Not Working

Christmas gift, internal speakers not working. FOR SURE 2G, BRAND NEW. Is there a thread describing in detail, the correct settings to enable the internal speaker. I get clicks, and beeps, but no music, game sounds, etc. Found nothing in the user guide, tried google, no help there. Please help.
  10. NeSEncHo

NeSEncHo Active Member

A) Create a new thread next time. More people are likely to help you.
    B) You shouldn't need to do anything to turn on the speaker. It should be enabled already. I don't even think there's a way to have it off.