how do i get my songs back?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by sfazngiants, Mar 18, 2009.

1. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    my main computer i use my touch on is my laptop at home. i am away from home and won't be back for a couple days. my touch ran out of battery so i charged it on my friends computer. i plugged it in and went out. when i came back i ejected the touch and all my songs and videos are gone. i have no music or videos at all on my touch. is there a way that i can get back the songs i had on my touch back? can i sync at home or do i need to retrieve some kind of back up folder/files on my laptop. how can i get my songs and videos back?
  2. austindoggie

austindoggie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I'm guessing when you plugged it into your friend's computer iTunes automatically erased everything on your iPod and tried to resync the music and videos on your friend's computer. Because nothing was checked on your friends computer, it just erased everything and put nothing on there.

To get them back you'll have to resync them from the computer that has all your music and video on it. I think you should check the box that says "manually manage song/video" so that you can get music and video from any computer and not just be stuck with one computer. That way it won't try to automatically sync again.
  3. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i dont want to get the songs from my itunes library i want the songs that were on my ipod. most of the songs i dont listen to in the itunes library. so i deleted a lot of them from my ipod. is this possible to get back the songs that were on my touch?
  4. austindoggie

austindoggie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Not unless you have them saved on the computer some where. The only way I know of putting music on an iPod Touch is from a computer. Sorry

Please Register or Log in to view images

5. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    seems like every time i connect my touch to my laptop it says backing up ipod can i retrieve the back up file or something
  6. austindoggie

austindoggie New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    The back up unfortunately only saves system info and settings, not media.
  7. nkh

nkh New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I keep a playlist in iTunes with the songs I want on my iPod, and that's the only thing it syncs. So if the songs somehow get deleted on the iPod, it's just a matter of loading that playlist to get them back. Maybe that's an idea for the future?
  8. bluepigster

bluepigster New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Nope, you definately need a computer to sync your songs back. Next time don't put automatically sync songs on your ipod or whenever you plug it in to other peoples com, your ipod will be wiped out.
  9. jlgm25

jlgm25 Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    ^ if he has itunes and knows your passcode lock.
    next time, try using a passcode.

Please Register or Log in to view images

10. sfazngiants

sfazngiants Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    how do i change the automatic sync? do i change it on my itunes and it will work for all computers or do i change it on every computer i use my touch on?

also, when i sync again on my laptop, will i get my music and videos back?
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    bump anyone else comment?