how do i get my ipod touch to go into disk mode?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by slicknorsmoo, Dec 26, 2007.

1. slicknorsmoo

slicknorsmoo New Member

I'm trying to set the file permissions for the psx bio to 775 but i don't have wifi. i could access it through any ftp program and set them right?
  2. Steaps

Steaps New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    It`s hard and i belive you need to pay for the program to do it, apple doesnt allow it. Click the WinSCP Guide in my signature for a way to view and edit the files through Wi-Fi on your iPod Touch to Computer.
  3. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

There is no disk mode. There are ways to access the filesystem (WinSCP (free), Total Commander (commercial), for example) but these programs must be installed on the machines you intend to access your Touch's filesystem on.
  4. slicknorsmoo

slicknorsmoo New Member

so is there a way to set the file permissions with out wifi?
  5. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

Install Finder. That will give you a graphical browser to the filesystem. You can set file permissions from there. Unfortunately you'll need to find and download the ZIP for Finder and install it manually via a non-wireless method.
  6. slicknorsmoo

slicknorsmoo New Member

do i install finder to my computer or to the ipod? I'm really confused.
  7. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

On the iPod. But because you do not have wireless you will have to find some place that has the ZIP, download it, and then install it through one of the wired methods of copying files to your iPod.
  8. slicknorsmoo

slicknorsmoo New Member

ok. sorry I'm such a noob. but where in the ipod do i put it and where can i find it for download?
  9. DerekVOF

DerekVOF Active Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Go into Installer. Scroll through the long list of all the apps and look for MobileFinder. Install MobileFinder. Go back out to the springboard. Open Finder. Navigate to the psx bios and select it. Then hit Modify at the bottom of the screen. Set your permissions in there... 775 is going to be owner read, write & execute, group read, write & execute, and everyone read & execute (no write).
  10. Mindfield

Mindfield New Member

As he mentioned, he does not have wireless so he can't use Installer. He has to use a wired method. Unfortunately I am not familiar with that so someone else will have to provide a better answer than I can.