How Do I Get Internet

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by thompsont908, Jan 6, 2008.

1. thompsont908

thompsont908 New Member

I just bought my ipod touch yesterday and I connected it to my computer and itunes popped up and when I pressed the button for safari and youtube it said that "it can't find a server" what do I do and how do I get internet ..........Please Help
  2. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

you have to be connected to a wireless router/ modem. You need to set that up in settings (gears)
  3. 10doii

10doii New Member

hehe lol.
    to connect to the internet you have to have a wireless router and wireless connection.
    go to preferences and up the top tap on wifi connection. connect to your network and safari should work.
  4. thompsont908

thompsont908 New Member

where is preferences
  5. ben471

ben471 New Member

It's settings.
  6. thompsont908

thompsont908 New Member

I went to settings and now what do I need to do. I need someone to guide me step by step because I can't understand this thing at all..... this is my first real day with having this ipod touch. Help Me please.. How do I get Internet?

Please Register or Log in to view images

7. ben471

ben471 New Member

There is a tab called WiFi, that is where you go to connect to a wireless network. If you do not have wireless internet at your house then you cannot to the internet there. To have wireless internet you need a router. If none of these words make any sense whatsoever then chances are you don't have wireless internet to connect to.

When you are in range of a wireless network you go to Settings>wifi and select an available network.
  8. thompsont908

thompsont908 New Member

I have wireless internet. Is wireless the kind of internet when you have to have a littl eblack box that has four lights on it. In order to make a good conection.? If so I have that .

Okay but when i go to settings and then click on wifi it says not connected. then when I click on it it has three bars Wifi..on/ choose a network...other/ ask to join networks on
  9. ben471

ben471 New Member

Click a network that is NOT other. Then a check mark should apear next to it. That means you're connected.
    never mind i read your post more carefully, it sounds like you do not have wireless. How is your computer connected to the internet? Is there any cable that you need to be connected to to have interenet?
  10. thompsont908

thompsont908 New Member

What do you mean. When I click on other and when it come sup other network it has name which I don't know what it is and it has security which I don't know what it means.