How do i get custon icons on my ipod touch??

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by ipodtouchmaster05, Oct 12, 2007.

1. ipodtouchmaster05

ipodtouchmaster05 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I have downloaded summerboard, and it works great. and ive got a cool background, now i want to know a way to add custom icons to make it even cooler. If anyone knows please post a tut. ive got an STFP onto my ipod, and i just want to know how to put some cool icons for these apps on there. thanks
  2. Snooze

Snooze New Member

Hey Touchmaster! I dont exactly know how to help you there (wish i could sorry) but thanks for posting those videos earlier! I would've never freed my touch without watching those. Hope you find help though (i'll be looking around the forum for you like a second pair of eyes). C^ ya!
  3. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I've downloaded all the themes Installer had available and found what I like. Tomorrow, I'm going to chery pick out my favorites, and use those to create my own theme.

Unfortunately, I'm on Windows, so I can't just whip something up in Photoshop (I'm pretty sure that won't work).
  4. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ya, i downloaded all the themes also, but how do i get the icons out of that theme, and put them all in one theme??
  5. SkylarEC

SkylarEC Super Moderator Emeritus Staff Member

I was planning on using sftp, grabbing what I liked, and replacing the icons in the current theme folder with the replacements.

I don''t know what any of these folders are yet, as I haven't looked for them yet, but I'm sure they can't be all that difficult to find.
  6. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    ya, i was looking at that earlier. i found the image that said "icon" but i didnt investigate much farther. i will have to do that tomorrow, i have to get some sleep now. unless you ebat me to it, and if you do please post it. thanks
  7. maikole

maikole New Member

I just installed SummerBoard but for some reason the theme is not working. Can someone help me out? I've tried using the included themes and also downlaoding my own themese. They don't change anything.
  8. pared

pared New Member

What exactly are you looking for here?

You can find any existing icon for Summerboard themes in an "Icon" folder within each theme.

If you're looking to replace the icons in your actual programs permanently, make sure you backup the icon.png within each specific program first. You can drop any icon in the destination folder and it will show up on next reboot.
  9. ipodtouchmaster05

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    wait when you say backup the icon.png, do you mean copy it somewhere else and replace it with a new icon picture?? thanks and also, where can i get the custom icons that i like, and how do i make them a png file??
  10. Emanjl

Emanjl New Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Using SFTP go to the "Theme" folder that lists all the themes installed.
    On your own hdrive, not in SFTP, make a new folder called "My Theme", and inside; a subfolder named "Icons".
    Highlight all the theme folders in the SFTP and copy them to your desktop, look through them for the Docks, Status Bar, and Icons and just copy them respectively to your "My Theme" folder. Making sure not to leave anything out, e.g. Not having a Youtube.png.
    When done just copy your "My Theme" folder into the Themes folder on the iPoT, close and restart.
    Look in SMBPrefs for "My Theme" and select it.
    Restart, and you have your very own custom theme. : ]

BTW: This is my first post on iPoT Fans. I love the site, and I thank you guys for helping me get my iPoT jailbroken and hacked.

Good luck and happy theme-ing.

EDIT: I believe the folder listing the themes is: private/var/root/Library/SummerBoard/Themes