How do I get apps to my jailbroken 1g Touch?

Discussion in 'iOS Jailbreak & Cydia' started by GatorDeb, Jan 20, 2009.

1. GatorDeb

GatorDeb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Updated to 2.2, jailbroke, got the NES emulator installed.

Where do I find apps to add to the Touch? I've looked for repositories but each time I add one it adds like 1 or 2 things.

Is adding repos to Cydia and Installer the ONLY way to get apps to the Touch or am I missing something?

And if so, how can I find some updated and beefy repos?

My Touch is all dressed up and has nowhere to go

Please Register or Log in to view images

Thanks!
    Debbie

2. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    You go the the AppStore on iTunes. If you want ROMs you need to google it since that is illegal.
  3. GatorDeb

GatorDeb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That's for official apps (I have a 32gig 2G Touch also and have spent about $189 on apps, which is why I forked over another $200 for the 1G so that I could stop purchasing apps, and the free ones are for the most part uninspiring).

What about all these apps that people make for the jailbroken Touches and phones? Like the Peggle clone.

And I'm not looking for roms. I'm looking for standalone non-iTunes app store apps that can only be used with jailbroken Touches.
  4. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Just make sure your sources are updated. There aren't many good games on Cydia or Installer though. If you know the game you can try and google it for a source or repo. Not quite as much stuff as there used to be since we have the App Store
  5. GatorDeb

GatorDeb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    What are some good sources/repos, though? I heard about all the wonders of a jailbroken Touch and now I have one and when it comes to games I find it lacking

Is it just a matter of keep on Googling repos and sources and hope I hit jackpot now and then?
  6. jpga13

jpga13 Banned

Device:
    iPad 3
    Check out AppleiPhoneSchool
  7. GatorDeb

GatorDeb New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thanks! I'll be adding all of those sources. Too bad I can't type with both hands on the Touch (make too many mistakes) so it takes a long time to add sources.
  8. matinsa2005

matinsa2005 Banned

Device:
    iPhone 4 (Black)
    u cant find any games in cydia since developers prefer to put them in appstore but utilities, there are alot u can just have the bigboss repository and have many great apps which makes your ipod a dream which u can use ur ipod 2x of what it does !!!!
    ------------------double post merged------------------
    also wanna tell you some apps that are amazing and im using them:
    SB setting
    iMobilecinema(you can watch flash .flv files in your browser)
    freepops( to have my hotmail account in my mail.app)
    miniVmac(old mac emulator)
    Lots od themes and twicks (like combining music and video in just one icon called "iPod" like iphones)
    PocketTouch (u can control your player by just touch the screen ie:swipping up down right left ,tapping )
    MewSeek(u can download music like limewire directli to your ipod)
    PwnPlayer(its an alternative player for iphone ipod touch which u have ability to play songs that are in your Disk Drive of your ipod)
    dTunes(same thing as PwnPlayer except of having the capability for downloading and running *******s)
    Fontswap(changing the fonts to whatever u want)
    myFox(an alternative browser)
    Siphone(like skype where u can make a internet base call which u should have microphone )
    Categories(making folders on spring board instead of having 100 pages of apps)
    Download plug in for safari
    Chronus(back up restore app)

I think this list is summing up everthing that u really need to have a perfect ipod touch !!!

------------------double post merged------------------
    But i still summerized everything but be sure that there are a lot more stuff out in cydia include these