How do I get a NEW iPhone, if the NEW 3.0 iPhone comes out?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by raEEv2, Mar 23, 2009.

1. raEEv2

raEEv2 New Member

I currently own an iPhone 3G. I never owned the original iPhone, because I live up in Canada, so I have no idea how people replaced their old iPhones, with the new 3G. I definitely want the new 3.0 iPhone if it comes out. I'm currently hooked onto a 3 year (obviously) with Fido in Canada. I'm wondering, how do I go about changing the phone? Can I keep same plan? Do I have to cancel my current iPhone 3G plan, and pay fees, and then purchase the new 3.0 Plan or what? I'm sure not everyone knows the definite answer, but I just want the idea. Thanks
  2. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

You can get whatever you want; it just takes money!!

I have not looked into the new phone yet and I am not sure they released any information. The 3G required a contract but like any contract you could cancel it and pay the penalty.

Other ways to get the 3G were ebay and craigslist.

I'm not exactly sure how helpful I was, but basically if you want the new phone you will be paying for it; especially to get it without a contract.
  3. ZhiZhi778

ZhiZhi778 Member

Device:
    iPhone 3G (Black)
    hm... got what he wanted^^
    but he mixed up something - 3.0 is NOT a new iphone but only a firmware, means a software for the current iphone 2G and 3G.
    after the firmware has released in june you'll be taken to it through itunes - for iphone owners this simply costs nothing but the time to upgrade

Please Register or Log in to view images

so don't matter about how to get a new phone

Please Register or Log in to view images

4. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

Good point.....

I was thinking a new iPhone (rumors have been abundant) rather than the 3.0 software.

Just be sure you want to upgrade; might lose JB and unlock until the Dev Team works their magic.
  5. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Which shouldn't take more than a week.
  6. sotaku22

sotaku22 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    With 3G wasn't it something like "if you bought the phone in an apple store we will upgrade it"? That's what happened with my sister and her husband. But my cousin bought his at best buy and they didn't upgrade it...
  7. DrewGzy

DrewGzy Active Member

I exchanged my last 3G under warranty at the Apple Store and he didn't even turn it on; just had to sign and walk out with my new iPhone.
  8. Duykur

Duykur Banned

you will pay the possible $200 fee, Rogers will change you contract, it will be 3 more years starting from when you bnought your new iphone.
  9. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    What did you say the problem was? And is the warranty written? I got my iPhone from CA (A friend from AT&T sent it) and he said they come with 1 year apple warranty.
  10. Clusterfunk

Clusterfunk New Member

Device:
    iPhone 3GS (Black)
    Here's the thing. People with the 1st Gen iPhone got to upgrade to the 3G for $200 or $300 because when the iPhone came out, it was not a "subsidized" price (meaning that AT&T or whatever takes a loss on the cell phone because you bought it with a contract). The iPhone 3G is actually worth about $700. So, with a 3rd Gen. iPhone (not 3G iPhone), they will most likely not allow you to upgrade and you will have to pay something like $700 for the new one if you bought your 3G at a subsidized price.