How do I fix my Ipod touch from *DFU*

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by hcasti0720, Mar 16, 2009.

1. hcasti0720

hcasti0720 New Member

I need help! So, last night I tried jailbreaking my Ipod Touch, but I did something stupid...I did the whole *DFU* mode with my data cable connected to my computer. At the buttom of my computer screen it said error, so I tried to restore my Touch through Itunes. When I try to restore it through Itunes it tells me my Ipod Touch is in recovery mode...so I try the whole restore thing, but it stops in the middle of the process and gives me an error " unknown error" or that Itunes version needs to be updated...I dont know what to do! If anyone has come accross this problem and has a solution please help me, thank you
  2. Sean the Pirate

Sean the Pirate New Member

Hold down the power and home buttons for 20 seconds.
  3. VvwhocaresvV

VvwhocaresvV New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    ok are you trying to Jailbreak, or UN-JB?
  4. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    Make sure your iTunes is the latest version. If it is, try using different USB ports on your computer. If that doesn't solve the problem, try restoring on a different computer.
    Also make sure that you are doing a restore/update through iTunes; if you're doing a custom firmware one (shift click + restore) it is most likely to give you an error.
  5. Sean the Pirate

Sean the Pirate New Member

I was getting a similar error in the process of jailbreaking it. A friend advised me to hold the power and home buttons together for 20 seconds, which pretty much reset the iPod completely.

Do this, then you'd be free to start over.
  6. Achy9

Achy9 Member

Device:
    iPhone 5 (Black)
    I had the same issue, though I did not try resetting my iPhone. Just tried different USB slots, got the same error a couple of times, but finally managed to restore it.