How do I find actual .app names for apps from appstore

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Supertod, Mar 25, 2009.

1. Supertod

Supertod Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hey, I am having trouble with the app 'categories' from cydia, it will not let me select new apps to ad to categories, usually when this happens I just add them manually by editing list.txt in the categories folder, but I tried adding undead.app and bowman.app but they don't do anything so i'm assuming the actual app name is different to the one displayed on springboard. Is there any way to find out that name without searching through loads of apps? Thanks

Please Register or Log in to view images

(sorry for long explanation, just thought I'd explain the whole problem)
  2. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Download "AppLinks" from Cydia and it will create shorcuts in /mobile i think its there anyway..

Just copy the name given there and it should work..
  3. Supertod

Supertod Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Thabks for quick reply, I have that already but all it does is create shortcuts for all apps (which is extremely useful, just not for this occasion as I have 300+ apps

and I don't fancy scrolling through them all looking for an app that I don't know the name of)

A quick example, the 'iPint' app is actually called 'Barslide.app', and Motochaser is actually called 'CrashLanding.app' :s
  4. G8D

G8D New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Hmm.. I dunno.. It is rather annoying, maybe we should concentrate on fixing categories instaead

What exactly is wrong?
  5. Supertod

Supertod Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    That would be great! I'll make a list in order of priority

1. It wont see some new apps, tried rebooting, reinstalling the apps, and restarting. No succses.

2. Categories seems to get confused with new apps and with some apps they add fine into folders, but on the age where you select new apps to add to a folder it still appears to be uncategorised.

3. Scrolling through a lot of apps is difficult because you usually end up pressing one by accident, and it has no effect when you select an app. so you dont know what you have selected.

4. Categories crashed a lot.

5. Ordering apps doesnt work, it just resest after respring.

Thanks