How Do I Duplicate My HDD?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by iTouchGuru, Jul 28, 2009.

1. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I find myself DFU Restoring like 3 times (mostly more) a month and it drives me crazy re-downloading cydia apps. I even made a backup folder on my computer with text documents and icon sets just to make things easy for me when I do.

I know it is possible to duplicate my hard drive but how?

Just copy and paste the / directory on WinSCP?

But how would I restore it?

Please Help.

P.S - I know how to SSH, use DiskAid, MobileTerminal. Im pretty fluent.. im no n00b.
  2. Appman

Appman Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    You could check out isafecopy it worked for me.
  3. CHC

CHC New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    it can be done through undocumented ways but its such a pain its just not worth it

however if you want to heres how

you need linux or mac os x though(or iRecovery compiled with memory dumping support)

upload the 2.1.1 iBSS and do the redsn0w commands, and then upload 2.1.1 iBoot, then read the nand device with the command "bdev"(the parameters are there) do bdev list to get the exact name(nor0 being the nor, nand something being the nand) i havn't done this in a while so i'm not sure if it shows the partitions too, if so ignore that and only do the whole nand device(hd0 instead of hd0,1 would be a linux example of accessing the entire harddrive as a pose to a partition, hd0 = entire hard drive) then use bdev to write a to memory and do /dumpmem(i think) it iRecovery(windows compiled ones don't have this command as far as i know) to save the memory contents to a file, this is why i say its a very unethical way to do it, it would take a long long time to do it manually, if there were a program for it it would be faster though)
  4. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch