How do I download .wmv files in Mail app?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by ThePickler, Jul 10, 2009.

1. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    So I assumed that since I had the safari download plugin it would work for the Mail app as well. I was wrong. I'd like to download non-supported files like .wmv and then open them with vlc4iphone.

Trouble is that while this would be a piece of cake in Safari my email is not a browser supported account and has to be viewed in the Mail app. My only alternative is forwarding this to another account which isn't always possible.

Cydia did not have a Mail download plugin as far as I could tell.
    Thoughts?
  2. iTouchGuru

iTouchGuru New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    Instead of mailing them to yourself, upload them to file hosting like 2shared.com, then download the file w/ safari.... ?
  3. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Thank you for the suggestion iTouchGuru.

But I think I'll have to shelve this issue for now until something comes up on Cydia. I'm thinking it's probably jut not possible yet.
  4. EkriirkE

EkriirkE Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    You say your mail page doesn't support your browser? Try getting the UA faker for safari so websites don't see you as an ipod but a real browser on a computer.
  5. ThePickler

ThePickler Member

Device:
    iPhone 5S
    Ah, no, thats not what I meant. I know what UA faker does.

What I mean is my email account does not have a web browser interface period, like Hotmail and Gmail. It is strictly server based.

I can only access it and my files through the Mail app. But the Mail App won't download .wmv and other unsupported files because they are not officially supported by Apple.