How do I downgrade 3.1.2 Firmware to 3.0

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by troyervin, Oct 11, 2009.

1. troyervin

troyervin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I recently bought a ipod off a kid at school and he had 2.1 firmware on it, so I got the 3.0 firmware and shift+click and upgraded it, then I made the mistake of hitting upgrade and it automatically upgrade it to 3.1.2, now I can't jailbreak it. So I went and hit shift+click on restore and it came up with an error which brought me to a page that said you need to restore with the newest firmware. So I tried it with the update button with shift+click, still same error. How do I downgrade it without the error?
  2. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    go into DFU mode and shift click restore to 3.0 should work. i did it today. if not try 3.1.1 which is jailbreakable without problems (well i have no problems)
  3. troyervin

troyervin New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    thank you for your quick reply!
    I will certainly try this and get back to you.
  4. 42395_skyline

42395_skyline Community Development Staff Member

Device:
    iPhone 6
    so did it work or are you still trying? if it doesnt work i would try rebooting your computer.
  5. nbachelder

nbachelder New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    if you want you can downgrade doing what the other guy said to do but now since last sunday you can jailbreak 3.1.2 at http://www.blackra1n.com all you have to do is follow the instructions and tada!!

Please Register or Log in to view images

6. davt2

davt2 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i tried it .. it shows the picture of the boy geohot but then its a black screen and it dont turn on i restore it like 4 times and it dosent work
  7. Goobit

Goobit New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I believe you should be using the restore option. This restores the unit to original settings. If you hit upgrade, then there are remnants from the previous version that remains in your system. For blackra1n to work, use restore...shift key - hit restore, and locate your ipsw file for 3.1.2. Once restore is complete, then your ipod is ready for blackra1n.
  8. touchy touchy

touchy touchy New Member

Device:
    3G iPod touch
    well u can jailbreak it now if it is 2g just use blackra1n
  9. candy101

candy101 New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    have cydia on my ipod do that means my ipod is jailbroken?

hello guys so i have been trying for hours and hours to jailbreak my ipod touch 3.1.1 actually trying to downgrade it ended up just

not moving from restore mode and i had no other choice other than to update

it so i did now i have 3.1.2 and of course i lost all my apps and im so mad right now!!!

and i have tried all kinds of other things such as youtube nothing until i came across this forum and i did what nbachelder and now i got cydia on my ipod

touch 2g does that means that my ipod is jail-broken? (if so its kind of hard to believe it was this easy bc i have been trying for so long!

(oh and if its jail-Broken im so happy so i can forget abt those apps..if not then im even more mad)

thanks
  10. r3nzhe

r3nzhe New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    i cant get my apps and games to sync and i jailbroken 3.1.2 on cy what am i doing wrong?