How do I delete podcasts I have viewed?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by katpeeler, Apr 15, 2008.

1. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

I have subscribed to a few podcasts on my Itouch and when I try to delete them from my library they still show up. I have tried to delete them on the Itouch themselves and they show up again once I sync. Is there something Im missing..Please help cause I got 2 gigs of podcasts that are taking up space. NOTE: I donot want to unsubscribe to the podcasts.
  2. dwonder3

dwonder3 Well-Known Member

Device:
    iPod touch
    Right click on the podcast you want to delete in itunes and click delete, then resync your ipod and they should be gone. You can delete any videos from your ipod by swiping right one them.
  3. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

In my itunes Library it doesnt show individual podcasts. It will show the podcast that I have subscribed to but not all the epesodes. I can swipe on my i touch to delete but as soon as I sync they come back
  4. vandakeg

vandakeg New Member

Device:
    2G iPod touch
    I have the same problem. Does anyone know why Itunes continues to copy podcasts onto my iPod after I delete them off if it?
  5. katpeeler

katpeeler New Member

Dont know how but started deleting them for me after I made this thead. Make sure you watch the podcast all the way thru so there is no "blue dot" next to your podcast. Go to the podcast menu in itunes and select "delete all watched podcasts" and you should be ok
  6. Teslanaut

Teslanaut Well-Known Member

Device:
    4G iPod touch
    When you finish watching the Podcast all the way down to 0:00 or scrub it all the way to 0:00, and then sync with your computer, it gets removed from the iPod/iPhone. Then, when you press Refresh in iTunes, or the next time it Refreshes, the podcasts get deleted.
  7. missmarthag

missmarthag New Member

8. ipodholic

ipodholic Member

Device:
    iPad 2 (Black)
    #1 - Its an iPod Touch. Not an iTouch. iTouch is a keyboard.

#2 - To stop the episodes from syncing back to your iPod, Go to iTunes, and on the episode- right click- and select- mark as played. It wont sync back.