how do i delete apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by snagglepuss2k, Mar 30, 2009.

1. snagglepuss2k

snagglepuss2k New Member

i am using total commander i want to delete some of the apps that came with the ipod touch (stocks, calculator etc) but i cant find the directory they are in, any help would be good

Thanks
  2. wearmaize

wearmaize Active Member

Device:
    iPhone 4S (Black)
    Why don't you just hide them with Poof just in case you ever need them?
  3. snagglepuss2k

snagglepuss2k New Member

i didnt know you could do that, thanks
  4. spoonforknife

spoonforknife Retired Moderator

I'd SBSettings instead of Poof, as it combines hiding with handy toggles like brightness, SSH, Wi-Fi, iMobileCinema, Clippy, and more.

If you want to remove App Store applications, press and hold an icon and hit the black X.

If you want to remove Cydia applications, go into Cydia and install CyDelete. Then use the method mentioned above for App Store applications. Alternatively, you can go into Cydia, then tap manage, then packages, and uninstall from there. I suggest CyDelete.
  5. iatmyhome

iatmyhome Banned

yes have try on that!
  6. The Crow

The Crow Banned

Can't he use the WinSCP program and the iPod touch wifi, because I did that to get rid of many useless functions (programs) in my iPod even Stocks. I know you can just hold until they wiggle and then push the black X , and you can use Poof to hide them but I think he actually wants to get rid of them and maybe others? So I think that the WinSCP program is what is needed and will give him a wider range of options, and all you need to do if you going to use this is just Youtube (How to use WinSCP and iPod touch). Then just follow the video and then install WinSCP, and get use to using it because it has many benefits.