How do I de-bugger this iPhone please?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by aberant, Mar 21, 2010.

1. aberant

aberant New Member

Mar 21, 2010
    Hello all!

So, my wife was given an iPod touch in 2008 and never used it because she says iTunes confuses her....

Anyway, it wouldn't turn on last week and I've been trying since to get it to work. I've tried a normal restore and restore from DFU, I've tried various different button combinations recommended by various threads and YouTube vids, I've tried 3 different computers and uninstalled / reinstalled iTunes several times, using several different versions going back to 7.5 with firmwares 1, 2 and 3. The bloody thing does the same everytime - I think its once new firmware has been uploaded, it reboots, the apple logo comes up with the spinning thing below it for maybe 1 second and then it turns off, with the remnants of the display slowly fading out.

Has anyone any ideas? The only thing I can think now is that the battery is too dead, but (based on whether or not the back gets warm) it will only charge when in DFU or Restore mode, and after about 10 minutes it turns itself off completely from restore/dfu, so if I just leave it nothing happens. I've tried mains and USB charging.

------------------double post merged------------------
    Update - Include the fact that the mains charger I'm trying was bought brand new today and is genuine Apple, and I left it on over night to no avail

Please Register or Log in to view images

Never been beaten by electronics before but this is looking worse by the minute!